Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array izzyreb02 PC Specs
    izzyreb02 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor9900X
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DRR4 3200Mhz/F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 2080 OC
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-5
    MonitorMG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 512 M.2
    Storage #22x 2TB WD HDD (DATA), 6TB WD (Games)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Gold 1200Watt
    Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

I wonder the one in Brisbane does that for me like that in Australia. I don't live far from it, but from that location it just says Notebooks, Laptops but i dont know if thats the place where it can do the firmware update on the monitor.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array izzyreb02 PC Specs
    izzyreb02 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor9900X
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DRR4 3200Mhz/F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 2080 OC
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-5
    MonitorMG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 512 M.2
    Storage #22x 2TB WD HDD (DATA), 6TB WD (Games)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Gold 1200Watt
    Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

Quote Originally Posted by I-Siamak-I View Post
    Ok guys so here is the story, the day before yesterday I drove 1.5 hour to the Service Center in California because I wanted to avoid any physical damage to my unit. when I arrived at first they were confused a bit regarding my issue but soon after their manager came in and helped me out and thankfully they have just received the so called Tools and firmware that morning. the manager was extremely helpful and was shocked that I drove all the way instead of shipping it, he offered me Tea/Coffee while I was waiting cuz he didn't wanna send me back empty handed, then he even brought me bottle of water and some cookies while I was waiting. long story short, they managed to install the firmware after about 2 hours since it was the first time they were doing it on PG279Q and had some technical difficulties ( apparently the firmware is not plug and play after all and needed some actual programming), anyways 2 days has passed and my unit so far hasn't shown a single sign of the initial issue and I noticed the panel much more responsive in a way when Alt+Tab in and out of games and Gsync re-enables instantly.
    When you brought your monitor in, did you pack it in the retail box to them and return it back as you gave it? or did you bring the monitor itself alone with the connections?

ROG Enthusiast Array I-Siamak-I PC Specs
    I-Siamak-I PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus X Code
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Essence STX II
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK Custom Loop
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1000 T2
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
    Headset Sennheiser G4ME Zero
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by izzyreb02 View Post
    When you brought your monitor in, did you pack it in the retail box to them and return it back as you gave it? or did you bring the monitor itself alone with the connections?
    Hi there sorry for late reply, I packed it in its retail box along with the AC adapter only, and they packed it just like that when returned it to me.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Gofran PC Specs
    Gofran PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
    Processori9-9900K
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-32gb
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorDell 2417dg
    Storage #1970 evo 500gb
    Storage #2951 nvme 500gb
    CPU CoolerROG RYUO 240
    Power SupplyAsus RoG Thor 850W
    Keyboard Asus claymore
    Mouse Asus Spatha
    Mouse Pad Asus rog sheath
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 Phanteks Evolv x

thinking to buy one so when are the new batch version being send to the eu netherlands because when i bought this monitor 2 month ago i had problems with this
    monitor and got mine money back

Mastermind19 Array

Hi there sorry for late reply, I packed it in its retail box along with the AC adapter only, and they packed it just like that when returned it to me.
    Hi I-Siamak-I,

Just a update. We have a update firmware for this fix. When you send it in, email our RMA department to inform them to get V5.57 firmware upgrade to fix line in the middle of the screen issue.

New ROGer Array

HI did you bring it in the norcal or socal office?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_yiu View Post
    Hi I-Siamak-I,

Just a update. We have a update firmware for this fix. When you send it in, email our RMA department to inform them to get V5.57 firmware upgrade to fix line in the middle of the screen issue.
    Hello,

Is it possible to view the current firmware ?

ROG Member Array

Called tech support

Called tech support to go ahead and send mine back to have firmware updated.*
    Made me look like an idiot. Tech support says that there are no issues with my monitor and no firmware updates are happening.
    They also told me not to listen to anyone one these boards. This doesn't sound right. Would love the admin to explain why asus tech support doesn't know about this yet. Makes me feel real good about sending my monitor in.

Really pissed me off. *

ROG Member Array

Ok, now that I've cooled off a bit. I have a couple of questions. Does this issue affect the monitor's performance in any way other than the line being visible? I wouldn't think that this would happen since it is software issue, but would it get worse over time? To be honest, it doesn't bother me that much, I just go to display settings, set monitor down to 60hz, then I tell Windows I don't want to keep settings, it then goes right back to 144 without the line. This takes me about 5 seconds. Not a big deal to me, but it would bother me if performance of the monitor is being affected in any way, or if it will get worse if I don't fix it.

Thanks for the reply.

Ex-employee Array

I believe the reason not all service reps are aware of this issue is because the number of people affected by this issue is very low. Some of the call centers are not local service representatives so they're usually not on top of everything. It's usually better to send in request through ticket system for things like this. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused and I can assure you that many have sent in their monitors back for the update and it has fixed the problem for them.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast