cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High temps when streaming and gaming? 80 degrees

irq_tikrit
Level 7
Hey all,

I have a 6700k at 4.8ghz at 1.36v. Am running a corsair 110igtx with noctua fans. When am playing normally bf4 multilayer and streaming with obs ( Web cam, scroll text) streaming at 60fps with a high quality filter my cpu is usage is roughly 75% - 90%. When I first start playing and streaming my temps are 67ish but after playing for an hour or 2 cpu temps can get upto 80 degrees. I have checked my pump and that's running at max, I had it setup in push pull and made no differencentre. Am starting to think having the 980ti in sli is blowing alot of hot air in the case specially when gaming and possibly adding to case temps which is effecting the cpu cooling. Do you guys think these temps are too high? If am gaming without streaming I get cpu temp of 55 degrees idle is 30. I remember before when I first built the setup streaming and gaming temps went upto 65 degrees max. I have reapplied thermal paste checked the cooler was sat properly. I don't know what else to do to get temps lower.
7 REPLIES 7

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi irq.tikrit 😉

IMO, Your temps are too high and would degrade the CPU over time if running at 80c consistently.

Try running the chip @4.2GHz instead of OCing to 4.8GHz. A slight hit on performance but might make all the difference.

Is it possible to add more fans to the case or water cool the GPUs. (solutions available) List you case.
Hard to see how temps would climb so much when streaming and I wonder why?, cause CPU at 55C is good.

How did you apply your TIM and with what? I say this, as before you reapplied TIM, your temps were at 65C. Did you apply too much?
TIM is applied with as little as possible. It is there to just fill the tiniest of voids.

As far as cooling your radiator is concerned, It is best to pull air from outside the case past the radiator.

It would be a good idea to fill out your full system specs in your profile for further analysis.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Chino
Level 15
Air flow inside the case is key to keeping CPU temperatures down. Either that or your liquid cooler isn't up to the task. 🙂

etihad
Level 7
am really sorry, but i have 2 accounts on here and i seem to have used the wrong one. My specs are in my signature (should be visible below). As for the TIM i have never had issues with how much i should apply. The reason i reapplied was because i started getting the high temps, so i thought to reapply just incase. I put a drop of TIM about as big as a grain of rice.

My case is a corsair 780t. I have two 120 fans pulling in air at the front, i have one 120 at the bottom near psu bringing air in, i have a 140 exhausting air above the gpu's and i have the two 140's on the rad pulling air from inside the case out. I want to go the full watercooling road but i cant see how i can fit a rad in the front of my case due to the hard disk cage which is fully in use. The only thing i changed from when i used to have such low temps was i swapped out the original fans that came with the H110igtx. They were stupidly loud.

i9 10900K @ 5.3GHZ | Asus ROG Maximus XII Extreme | 32GB 8Pack @ 3600MHZ | 1.8TB HDD WD Raid 0 | H115iGTX | Sapphire 6900XT Toxic Extreme Edition| Samsung Pro 950 M.2 512GB | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Corsair RM850 | Kingston HyperX 500GB | Corsair 780T |

coyi1895
Level 10
I have the 750D and 2x980Ti with Corsair H110i GT as cooling. I have the same intake and exhaust setup as yours except I don't have the bottom fan and I have the radiator the other way round so the tubing doesn't obscure the exhaust fan at the back. At stock speed, I get about 41 C, idle is about 22 C. My GPUs get above 50C

NemesisChild
Level 12
These non reference cards are not designed to exhaust hot GPU air out the back of the PC case.
Instead, they intake and exhaust air within the case, so adequate case airflow is crucial.
One card usually isn't a problem, but two or more in SLI can be a heat build up nightmare.

Positive airflow is needed, more cool outside air pumped in.
The 140mm side fan over the GPU's should be an intake setup, not exhaust.
You might want to try the top radiator fans as intake versus exhaust, but the rear will need to be a strong exhaust fan.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Legolas
Level 9
irq.tikrit wrote:
Hey all,

I have a 6700k at 4.8ghz at 1.36v. Am running a corsair 110igtx with noctua fans. When am playing normally bf4 multilayer and streaming with obs ( Web cam, scroll text) streaming at 60fps with a high quality filter my cpu is usage is roughly 75% - 90%. When I first start playing and streaming my temps are 67ish but after playing for an hour or 2 cpu temps can get upto 80 degrees. I have checked my pump and that's running at max, I had it setup in push pull and made no differencentre. Am starting to think having the 980ti in sli is blowing alot of hot air in the case specially when gaming and possibly adding to case temps which is effecting the cpu cooling. Do you guys think these temps are too high? If am gaming without streaming I get cpu temp of 55 degrees idle is 30. I remember before when I first built the setup streaming and gaming temps went upto 65 degrees max. I have reapplied thermal paste checked the cooler was sat properly. I don't know what else to do to get temps lower.

Did you set Maximum performance for Corsair LInk software to cool better? did you have high end thermal paste that transfer better from CPU to 110igtx?
True, you can down clock it. However, another way is th upgrade water cooler with better one.
Sincerely,
Legolas

etihad
Level 7
It's sorted now. I moved the rad to the front of the case, 4 x 140mm fans sucking air in (positive pressure) and have 1 x 140mm rear fan exhausting and 2 x 140mm on the top exhausting. Re-applied TIM, my temps are 62 degrees max when load is 90% -100%, streaming and gaming, running at 4.9GHZ at 1.32V.Gpu temps have took a dive too, top gpu can hit 80 under long gaming periods, and thats max. bottom gpu reaches 67 max. The front intake fans reach a max of 1400rpm, top fans 1200rpm and rear 1200rpm. The loudest fans are the gpu's but i have set my own curve to keep the top gpu running at a max of 72 degrees.

Thanks all for your help.
i9 10900K @ 5.3GHZ | Asus ROG Maximus XII Extreme | 32GB 8Pack @ 3600MHZ | 1.8TB HDD WD Raid 0 | H115iGTX | Sapphire 6900XT Toxic Extreme Edition| Samsung Pro 950 M.2 512GB | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Corsair RM850 | Kingston HyperX 500GB | Corsair 780T |