cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows wont boot into windows automatically after I installed windows 10 HELP!!!

Dkp1988
Level 7
I Just installed windows 10 and now when i change the boot priority to my evo ssd it will only boot into the bios untill i change it to something called windows boot loader and it shows my ssd twice one for the boot loader and one without it and the 1 with the boot loader will work and it shows two windows 10 when windows 10 starts up and prompts me which one to start, but i did a clean install into this ssd any help?
4 REPLIES 4

drop4205
Level 12
if you put boot loader first in boot priority you should be fine. That is the only thing listed in my boot order as I have disabled the other drives I have in system cause there is no windows on them
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
That is working as it should be...assuming you only had target SSD connected when installing W10? Should disconnect other drives doing this....

Windows Boot Manager should be your first boot priority...

Qwinn
Level 11
Is CSM enabled or disabled? It defaults to enabled, and you probably want to change it to disabled and enable secure boot before you install windows. You only need CSM enabled if you have very old legacy hardware.

If you had CSM enabled when you installed Windows, you should reinstall Windows from scratch after disabling it. Recreate the partitions and everything. This will result in what is known as a UEFI install. Among other benefits, it gives you Secure Boot which is great protection against boot sector viruses (the worst kind), and it should make the bios handle your boot order more intelligently.

I mention all this because I've noted that if I boot with CSM enabled (which I need to do if I want to boot Linux off a DVD), all my boot devices get listed twice. Only once in UEFI mode.

When you are done installing, you can use Belarc Advisor to confirm that your Windows install is now UEFI instead of Legacy mode, and that Secure Boot is working.

Chino
Level 15
Dkp1988 wrote:
I Just installed windows 10 and now when i change the boot priority to my evo ssd it will only boot into the bios untill i change it to something called windows boot loader and it shows my ssd twice one for the boot loader and one without it and the 1 with the boot loader will work and it shows two windows 10 when windows 10 starts up and prompts me which one to start, but i did a clean install into this ssd any help?

That's the correct entry.