cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vrms running hot under water.

Zarathustraa
Level 7
I'm running the EK vrm block with a 5960x, and my temps on stock are idling at 40, and under load hit 47. (This is a new board, so I don't know what the temps were like on air) I'm going to assume the temps are from a bad mount on the waterblock. The only thing is I found a post for an older board that states the issue could be the backplate. What temps are everyone else getting under water?

I'm going to go ahead and attempt remounting the vrm heatsink, but I don't really want to have to drain the entire loop to do it. Should it be fine if I just fully unscrew the block and apply pressure?
6 REPLIES 6

Chino
Level 15

Zarathustraa
Level 7
Separate blocks for everything. Let me grab a thermometer. I'd have to guess the room is between 60 to 70 F.

Zarathustraa
Level 7
Oh sorry, Fahrenheit.

kaese
Level 10
Can you provide more information on your water circuit? If you cool first the GPU and then the VRM, you are "cooling" the VRM with hotter water....
I have the VRM under water (and the VRMs are the first to be cooled thus water temperature in my case ~30°C) and hardly reach 35°C under stress.

Zarathustraa
Level 7
The order is PCH, CPU, fan controller, VRM. Then through 2 waterblocks. (Adding GPUs in once 1080ti comes out) Water temps don't go above 35 C under stress. if it hits 35 fans kick up keeping water at a constant 30 C. I only have a water sensor prior to passing through components, but from what I've read there shouldn't be a significant variance in temperature between one side and the other of the loop.