CPU Coolercorsair h100i gtx
    Casephanteks Enthoo pro
    Power Supplycorsair HXi 750
    Keyboard cougar 700k
    Mouse cougar 700m
    Headset Qpad QH90
    Headset/Speakers Edifier S760D
    OS win10 pro x64

You pay a premium price for a top spec piece of hardware , and get low price support
    i have had mine less than a year and they say its EOL ??? WTF

Ex-employee Array

The Xonar Phoebus which was released in 2012 so yes this product has been EOL for period of time. Note that you can purchase a product from a retailer that kept stock way longer after it had long stopped in production.

Edit:
    FYI it's called retailer not following stock rotation protocols
    Last edited by Bahz; 09-02-2016 at 07:42 AM.

Ex-employee Array

Obviously there are people that are unsatisfied with what the current available options right now and there's a reason to be. I want to note that the complaints on the forum relative to the overall number of units shipped is a very low percentage. I understand some people expect every feature and every advertised function to work, we're trying to satisfy that but as mentioned right now the resources are limited but we're not abondoning the support for this product. The next thing is the comparason with Creative which everyone seems to throw around, not every product being compared is apples to apples. Most of the time people use examples of product that are using a different audio chipset and don't have the same issues and of course creating a solution for it would be a lot simpler of a task. When Phoebus came out it there was no Windows 10 or any planned support for this operating system and when it arrived Dolby clearly indicated that they're not providing support for any of their features on Windows 10 (if you don't trust me, please feel free to email Dolby directly). For drivers based on Dolby technology, it's going to become a problem to create something equivalent that will be acceptable for some users.

Demanding is what customers are good at and of course as a customer myself I do the same all the time, and yes I agree that for the driver support part needs a lot of improvement. I have already highlighted and escalated this issue internally and we're doing what we can with all the capabilities we have right now to try and satisfy the demands but this is all we can do at this moment in time.
    Last edited by Bahz; 09-02-2016 at 07:39 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I understand some people expect every feature and every advertised function to work
    Do you understand how a********* that sounds coming from someone representing a company? "Yeah, yeah, we adverised stuff and features and some of you expect those to actually work, well tough luck..." This is what i read.

As for the "different chipset" excuse, sorry, but it justifies ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, because creative actually supports their hardware (which i admit they weren't really known for, but they got their act together) they don't complain that it's "too difficult".
    Frankly speaking Asus' support (or lack thereof) is becoming comical. You people release a crapton of products with mouthwatering specs , but then you drop them after a couple of months and release another batch of "new and improved" stuff, it's like you have the attention span of a toddler. And then you go and tell us that you didn't plan on a new version of windows, when it's a known FACT that there's a new release every couple of years. Do you honestly expect people to just drop 200€+ again because a company is too lazy to actually make their top of the line product work?

And we're not "demanding" anything, if you think that expecting a product to work as advertised is being unreasonnable and demanding, then your company needs to reevaluate its business practices.
    Last edited by Bahz; 09-02-2016 at 12:48 PM. Reason: next time will be temp banned if you try to use symbols to get around the swear filter

Ex-employee Array

I believe you're taking every little thing said and trying to turn it into negativity. Most if not all your posts have been negative, pretty much walking into a trap I can't walk out of. Try to explain something and pretty much get bad mouthed for even trying.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

You're not explaining, you're accusing us of "demanding" things as if we were some entitled brats, when all we want is a working driver. And to add insult to injury you tell us that we shouldn't expect advertised features, we paid premium money for, to work which is just infuriating. Thing is, this card NEVER had a correct driver. Every release breaks something and day one bugs remain unsquashed, the latest WTF moment being the removal of all dsp effects. By the time you guys decide to grace us with a new offering i fear the card will only be able to beep loudly, if we're lucky.

It is true that we are a vocal minority of the general user population, but trust me, most of the shipped card have been binned or sold off by the original buyers who don't have the patience to deal with the driver BS.

Don't get me wrong, we do appreciate the communication, greatly. Especially after years of silence. What we don't like is being told that our fancy expensive card is history, when we never had the chance to appreciate it at its fullest. And you're not exactly helping the case by taking us for idiots.

Ex-employee Array

Well all you do is spout negativity and try to take things the wrong way and to make it into you're "taking us by idiots" when I never meant that in any way or in any other disrespectful way, however you'll try to make it into that.

I can't speak for the past as I wasn't there to witness what happened with the driver support in the earlier stages, however I can speak for the recent year. The effort is there and I had countless discussions with the R&D regarding the issues with the Phoebus and what issues we need to address. The engineer working on this project works OT pretty much everyday and has communicated constantly with the audio chipset vendor to work towards a complete solution, worked hard to create a completely new driver and new UI and tested for weeks before releasing that version with the new Sonic Studio only to receive more negative feedback. It's back to the drawing board and since then there has been many beta version they tried testing but of course there were issues so of course these version can't be released. While from the front view it looks like there hasn't been any progress and we had completely abandoned this is not true, the limited resources on this project which there is, has been working hard to find a solution.

I've been sent the latest driver which our R&D feels will be a big step in the right direction, so here I am on a weekend assisting in helping test the driver. This is completely voluntary because none of this is in my job role but I'm happy to assist because I've seen how hard our engineers have worked towards a complete solution. I understand the frustration or constant waiting for something which you invested a lot of money on and it should be working, but we're trying as hard as we can and all I can comment is that the effort has been there regardless if you feel that they're incompetent in bringing the results you expect.
    Last edited by Bahz; 09-03-2016 at 01:24 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array oG kill3r PC Specs
    oG kill3r PC Specs
    MotherboardEvga Z97 Classified
    Processori7 4790k
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident X 2400 32gb
    Graphics Card #1Evga Titan X
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAsus VG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 250gb SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 512gb Pro SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseCorsair 760T
    Power SupplyEvga 1300 G2
    Keyboard Corsair K70
    Mouse Evga Torq X10
    Headset Sennheiser PC 350 SE
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Still bickering about this card ? So glad i sold it a while ago !

ROG Member Array

Speaker mismatch is still present, and its present since my windows 7 days. This soundcard is **** and im sending it to the bin. Never gonna buy asus sound s h i t cards again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2