Logitech G19 Keybord
Razer Naga 2014
950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB SSD "MZ-VKV512" [OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit]
2x Kingston 240 Ssd Raid 0
6x Seagate 3 TB Storage
5x Seagate 4 TB Storage
2x Seagate 1.5 TB Storage
Asus Blu-Ray Burner

My problem is my boot time on the 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB SSD "MZ-VKV512" is about 30 seconds and that is low compared to what my buddy pc can do it takes like 5 sec for him to load Windows he is running Windows 7 64 bit tho.

what could be the cause of this?
11 REPLIES 11

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
The common answer to this question seems to be that it is all related to memory training with DDR4. Is your friend also using DDR4 memory?

Shamanji
Level 7
Im not sure what all his components are but he using a 5820k and ddr4 also his is a gigabyte motherboard but I dont knowhow the model.

Chino
Level 15
You can try the suggestions from the following user.

rickytuk wrote:
I finally found a solution that works for me so I hope it works for others. My O/S drive is a Samsung 950 pro M.2 drive and windows is installed in UEFI mode. In CSM Compatibility mode I switched boot option to "UEFI only" and set everything else to Ignore. Also Changed PCI-Express setting to "UEFI first". It's all in the same menu so you'll see what I mean when you play around in there.

Cold Boot time is down to around 15 seconds which I'm happy with. I've left all the memory checks at auto and I'm running 32GB @2600mhz in XMP Mode. Bios 1402.

Chino wrote:
You can try the suggestions from the following user.

So the things he sets in the bios is under all under boot/cms ?

Shamanji
Level 7
Ill Try that when i get home from.work.

The only Thing is i didnt install my windows in uefi mode, do i ned reinstill windows thunbjerg?

Shamanji wrote:
Ill Try that when i get home from.work.

The only Thing is i didnt install my windows in uefi mode, do i ned reinstill windows thunbjerg?

Yes, installing Windows in UEFI helps accelerate the boot process.

coyi1895
Level 10
Yep, re-install all over again.

Shamanji
Level 7
Ok, how much will it be faster?

coyi1895
Level 10
Still depends. RVE is laden with features so it may still boot up not as fast as your friend's. I know my Dad's MVG with Windows 10 on UEFI mode (Samsung SSD 840 EVO) boot up faster than my RVE. You can turn off bluetooth and wireless if you don't use them. Mine takes about 20 seconds, I don't know exact, but I'm happy with it. For a start, being on UEFI mode, you can enjoy the Fast Boot and Secure Boot so you should see the difference though.