cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Replacement for G56JR. Please help.

oMeGa1904
Level 7
Hi i was wondering if someone knows how to find a replacement for that laptop. I've been looking everyewhere and i cant seem to find any keyboard replacement.
The laptop model is here. My problem is not one key but the keyboard randomly stops functioning for a very brief period of time (<1 sec) in which no key seems to be registered or the key i want doesnt respond. Like it's not registering the last key i pressed.
I've been looking for asus parts and so far none of the keyboard replacements matches my own. I've seen some sites sold the whole module for other ASUS model (G75) like this. So i dont know if i had to buy the whole module or if the keyboards sold separately.
Or maybe i should buy a replacement for the G55X models and hope it fits. I'm also trying to find keyboards for G56jk to no avail.
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
I looked where parts for every ASUS can be found.............except this one!

A brief lag sound more like a software problem. Generally with Keyboards they work or they don't or keys stick or some keys will work and others will not etc.
I would try downloading the latest ATK package, uninstalling the one you have then installing the new one. 99% of keyboard related issues are remedied with this.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
I looked where parts for every ASUS can be found.............except this one!

Thx for trying. Lucky me!! Why do i always have to buy the laptop model that is tossed away from the market smh. The parts are impossible to find.

JustinThyme wrote:
A brief lag sound more like a software problem. Generally with Keyboards they work or they don't or keys stick or some keys will work and others will not etc.
I would try downloading the latest ATK package, uninstalling the one you have then installing the new one. 99% of keyboard related issues are remedied with this.

I thought too but it also occurs in my other OS. I also use linux and the same problem is also found so i guess it's the keyboard only.

EDIT. Just curious where do u find the parts for the other asus models? I mean i'm considering buying a G55X keyboard model if that works as a replacement.

JustinThyme
Level 13
One go to place that Ive used several times

http://www.asusparts.eu/

Its located in Sweden but they ship anywhere and carry a good bit of parts that you cant just pick up anywhere. They carry quite a bit including keyboards. Not the cheapest but they have the parts and they are legit OEM.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein