cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help Needed] ASUS G550JK Old Need New Back Cover / RMA (?)

Elrondel
Level 7
Hello ASUS forums,

I am here today to ask for help with a problem with my Asus G550JK laptop. I have owned this laptop for less than two years and have never dropped nor maltreated it in any way. However, due to "natural wear and tear" (from Internet reviews, I believe it occurred from opening the laptop from one side too often), the hinge on the back cover seems to have broken (http://imgur.com/a/MNxbH).
I own this model of laptop: http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-15-Inch-Gaming-Laptop-VERSION/product-reviews/B00KOUILK2/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_....
Like I said, I have never dropped or maltreated it, carrying it around in a special bag when I had to. Now, I am afraid to close the laptop, lest the screen pop off - it is currently still functional, but I treat it like a semi-portable desktop and carry it around on my arms when I have to bring it somewhere, and minimalize the travel distance.
I am a college student, so I have been unable to find time or a vehicle to travel to find a repair store. When I finally did, they told me that they were unable to fix it because back cover replacements for the G550JK were not available for purchase anywhere.

ASUS Forum users, what should be my next step? Is there a way to find a purchasable back cover/hinge replacement (as it appears to be both that are broken), or should I attempt a RMA that is possibly out-of-warranty (I think it was only a year :/)? I've heard disastrous stories of ASUS RMA so I'm afraid to take that route, but I would love to get this laptop fixed so that I can take it around again.
I currently have no other usable machine.

Advice greatly appreciated!
6 REPLIES 6

Elrondel
Level 7
Bump.

I know about asusparts.eu but I'm honestly not sure what part I'd even try to purchase to replace the back cover. Again any assistance for next steps would be appreciated.

Bump again.

Elrondel
Level 7
Bump.

Elrondel
Level 7
Still looking for a solution 😕 bump

Have you looked on EBay?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB