Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Utility - Kills my Mouse - HELP!

swiftsteel
Level 7
Board - ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
CPU- i7-6700K
OS - Win 10

Issue - Built my system and board appears to function normally. When I install "utilities" from the mobo driver disc, system reboots and functions normally for about 30-60 seconds as start up programs load and then I hear the windows 10 "alert" sound for a peripheral being disconnected. My mouse goes dead. Its not the mouse as I have checked it. I have reformated the system 2 or 3 times and every time I try to load the ROG utilities the same thing happens. Im not sure which utility is causing it, or if its a conflict of multiple ones.

Has anyone else encountered this? or could offer a possible work around? someone on another board suggested it could be a bios issue and I should flash the bios. I have not do so yet.

Inb4 "Just don't install utilities" I paid a a premium price for this board for the utilities it offers, and even if I can't install them I'd still like to know why they are causing this conflict. Any help would be much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Raja
Level 13
Download the latest drivers and utility versions from the ASUS support page.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Download the latest drivers and utility versions from the ASUS support page.

Can you link me to the exactly location please? I can't seem to find the listing for utilities for my board

Chino wrote:
https://www.asus.com/mx/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ALPHA/HelpDesk_Download/

Seriously ASUS you guys crack me up. First off you can't even tell us which of the utilities could be causing a problem so we can uninstall it.
Then you want us to download the updates to the utilities and bring them across to the broken machine and install them all without using a mouse!

My mouse did the same thing and went spastic to the edges of the screen... I am reinstalling windows, seriously guys I won't be recommending ASUS motherboard until you realise your customers are relevant. You can start by telling us which utility is killing us. Or providing clear instructions to those who are left stranded in the middle of a build.

Pissed off computer builder ~ Strike ASUS off the list.