cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT Cooling system questions, is there any manual control?

BlueEyes
Level 7
So i've had my ASUS G752VT for about a week now,and im still pretty confused about how the cooling system of the laptop works.Does the cooling turn on when the laptop goes over certain heat % or is there a way to turn it on by myself.
Because i've played ex. Witcher 3 and GTA 5 and my cooling was fairly quiet and after that i started playing MW3 and the cooling went fully berserk.Asus G752 is the first gaming laptop i ever owned,so im not sure if that happens automatically
or i pressed something xD...
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
Actualy you have no control over the cooling system. Normally these notebooks run very quietly under all conditions. Have you check your CPU/GPU temps and fan speeds while you are using the notebook to see what is actually going on. Both fans operate separately one cooling the GPU the other Cooling the CPU and speeds are controlled by temperature.
I think hwinfo64 running the sensors only will show you exactly what is going on.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks alot for the reply man...idk i was pretty spazzed about it...Because the timing when the cooling turned on felt pretty wrong.

You can try the latest BIOS File, that may help
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

On my G752 I Use Notebook Fan Control 1.4.2 to control my fans.

https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases

They do not have a profile for the G752 but I use the one called "Asus Zenbook UX32LN" and then it let's me control the fans.

I must say I really miss Asus GPU Tweak from my G751. That's all I used it for was to increase fan speed and monitor temps.

LockeCPM4 wrote:
On my G752 I Use Notebook Fan Control 1.4.2 to control my fans.

https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases

They do not have a profile for the G752 but I use the one called "Asus Zenbook UX32LN" and then it let's me control the fans.

I must say I really miss Asus GPU Tweak from my G751. That's all I used it for was to increase fan speed and monitor temps.

yeah, nbfc is number one but i never had the function fancontrol in gputweak its always unuseable...in wich version you could control the fan?