cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with TridentZ - DDR4-3200 CL14 on Maximus VIII formula

Explicit
Level 7
Hello guys,

I recently finished my new build and to my surprise when I go to boot I was greeted with Qcode 55 on the maximus viii formula. I couldn't get it work so I ended up booting up with a DDR4-2400 stick and that works fine. Does anyone have any recommendations so I can get the DDR4-3200 working? I've updated the bios to the latest version, Enabled XMP, tried a DRAM VTT voltage increase with a CPU overclock, nothing is working. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know what numbers you'd use for the overclocking. Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17

Should I enter the tweak mode with the other ram then use the DDR4-3200 and see if it will boot?

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Your system should post with the DDR4-3200 RAM at stock (2133MHz) speed without problems.

Unfortunately it will not post. I've literally tried jamming the sticks in to ensure they are seated properly. The mobo just refuses to post and keeps dispalying Qcode 55 despite whatever slot the ram is in. I'm returning the ram as we speak and just getting 3200/16 as it is under the supported model. And by post I mean the motherboard's LED's are lit up and everything it just wont let me enter bios or start up with the ram 😞

Explicit wrote:
Unfortunately it will not post. I've literally tried jamming the sticks in to ensure they are seated properly. The mobo just refuses to post and keeps dispalying Qcode 55 despite whatever slot the ram is in. I'm returning the ram as we speak and just getting 3200/16 as it is under the supported model. And by post I mean the motherboard's LED's are lit up and everything it just wont let me enter bios or start up with the ram 😞

Make sure you're using the DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2 slots for your memory modules. Clear your CMOS and turn on your system. If it still halts with the 55 QCODE, press the MemOK! button that's on the motherboard. See if that works.

Nate152
Hi Explicit

What happens if you insert a stick and clear the cmos then try booting?

NemesisChild
Level 12
Is this the 2x8GB or 2x16GB set?
Avoid using the XMP profile, use all manual memory settings in the bios.
I've been running the same 2x8GB set for 4-5 months without any issues whatsoever.

You might have a defective set, it's best that you returned it.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Is this the 2x8GB or 2x16GB set?
Avoid using the XMP profile, use all manual memory settings in the bios.
I've been running the same 2x8GB set for 4-5 months without any issues whatsoever.

You might have a defective set, it's best that you returned it.

It is a 2x8 set. I can't even enter bios when I plug the memory into the slots. Just getting Qcode 55 posted.

Nate152
Hi Explicit

With the trident z ram installed have you tried clearing the cmos then booting?