cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY USB Charger Plus - Failed installation

sigtrm
Level 7
I cannot install USB Charger+, I get info about failed installer. I have tried intsalling one from asus website and also the one placed in eSupport, manually and with AsusInstallation Wizard.
Anyone had simmilar problem?

EDIT: forgot tomention model: G752VY

2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
Let me guess, clean install of windows?
If so my guess would be a USB driver issue. Check that all of your USB ports are installed correctly in device manager and that the chipset drivers are done also.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Hi! I've encountered the same problem after clean install Windows 10 edition N (for Europe without Media Features) on my GL502VS.

Here is the log file:
Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action _BA7716E6_728C_4985_BB46_3C124C65779C, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\USBChargerPlus\Driver\InstallDrv64.exe, command: /Commit 
=== Logging stopped: 12/3/2016 17:31:23 ===

I've found that InstallDrv64.exe cannot find class {EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A} on the registry. That is WPD (Windows Portable Devices).

In my case the solution is to install Media Feature Pack for Windows N.

But I didn't find how to install WPD without all those unwated MS media crapware :mad: