cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY Screen Bleed/Panel Mounting issue

sigtrm
Level 7
Hello,
I have this ugly yellowish spots when display is black.
I had panel and frame replaced becasue it was badly mounted( I just opened a box with new laptop and send it back to Asus almost same day)
There was a space between panel and frame in bottom part of screen resulting in even bigger yellow spot.

Right now after repair as you can see in picture I have yellow spots in bottom part very visible and slighly less visible in upper right corner.

When I lightly touch the frame spots either disappear or are getting brighter, depends on where I put some light pressure so I assume this is mounting problem.

Shall I send it back again? Or all G752 have this?

6 REPLIES 6

JustinThyme
Level 13
I dont have any bleed problems that Ive noticed in daily operation. Then again I don't intentionally make the screen black and try to produce them either. Others have posted about screen bleed issue with all different models with the common denominator being the IPS panel. Regardless of what shows in the picture the simple fact of any separation in the panel whatsoever would prompt me to send it back. I wouldnt have been looking for a repair, I would have been after a replacement. Seems the shops they use to do repairs cause more or worse problems than the original issue. I generally go though a machine and dog the crap out of it as soon as I get it. If it fails at anything I pack it back in the box it came in and take it back to exchange for a new one. I understand that not all places have that luxury. Where I bought mine I had a full 90 days to return/exchange.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
I dont have any bleed problems that Ive noticed in daily operation. Then again I don't intentionally make the screen black and try to produce them either. Others have posted about screen bleed issue with all different models with the common denominator being the IPS panel. Regardless of what shows in the picture the simple fact of any separation in the panel whatsoever would prompt me to send it back. I wouldnt have been looking for a repair, I would have been after a replacement. Seems the shops they use to do repairs cause more or worse problems than the original issue. I generally go though a machine and dog the crap out of it as soon as I get it. If it fails at anything I pack it back in the box it came in and take it back to exchange for a new one. I understand that not all places have that luxury. Where I bought mine I had a full 90 days to return/exchange.

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately I cannot return it to seller unless Asus states that unit is FUBAR. I sent it again, they ordered new screen again.
In my case it is purely mounting issue, first it was defective on arrival, and after repair it was poorly mounted.
Also I do not make intentionally screen black, I used black so I could take pictures so yellow spots are visible.
They are much more visible in reality than on pictures. I like to use Windows black theme with black background so those spots annoy me a lot. Also in games those are visible.

Some clarification about bleeding; bleeding occurs of course but color is in range of white bluefish, my screen is yellowish. Just use finger and apply some very light pressure on the frame near screen or on screen you will see what I mean.

EDIT: Please check more clear picture below:

MrRuckus
Level 10
While its a hassle, I would keep sending it back until its fixed. Maybe ask who you can talk to at Asus Support since it wasn't fixed properly on the first repair? I wouldnt be too pleased at this point. Thats bad enough to where I would not be happy with it. I also dont have any bleeding on my display. It almost looks like over tightening or something else under the bezel, like its not fitting properly. They definitely need to fix it though. Good luck man!
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Bahz
Level 12
Hi sigtrm,

I sent you a PM, please get back to me with your contact details.

Thanks,
Bahz

Bahz wrote:
Hi sigtrm,

I sent you a PM, please get back to me with your contact details.

Thanks,
Bahz

Thank you for taking care, I replied to you via PM, I hope you received it.

I have similar issue with my 752VY, two spots on both sides of the ASUS logo, but not as bad as yours.

One would hope that such an expensive laptop would have less problems, but i guess this is the sort of lappy that has more of everything;
Power, mass, bells and whistles and sadly, problems.