cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BIOS 1701

reupens
Level 7
Available for the Maximus VIII Hero and others.

Change log is just 'Improve system stability'.

Hero link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_VIII_HERO/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ASUS-1701.zip
82 REPLIES 82

mfckr
Level 7
I love how verbose ASUS changelogs are. They really allow users to make such informed decisions.

sahafiec
Level 10
do they ever use other description than that?! 🙂
it works good so far on the M8G so thumbs up.

Nutt_cracker
Level 7
I've just got my system in less than a month and already flashed it 3 times:
Initial BIOS => 1504: No problem
1504 => 1601: No problem
1601 => 1701: Had the 55 Error when setting it to XMP, reboot, went back to Auto, reboot and back to XMP again. Now it works without taking the DIMM out.

AmirShred
Level 8
Doesn't look like the Hero Alpha got this update.

AmirShred wrote:

Have you see a reason for this exclusion?

bayfront_benny wrote:
Have you see a reason for this exclusion?

I just checked for 1701 and it doesn't seem to be available for the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha. The only oddity I experience is occasionally when powering on from a cold start it just doesn't power up. Like 1 in 10 boots, maybe even less frequently, fans turn on but it never sends a signal to the monitor. Press reset and it boots. I haven't figured it out but as a few others have said I have learned to live with it. If they would upload the new bios I would probably try it and see if it helps.

ondersma80 wrote:
The only oddity I experience is occasionally when powering on from a cold start it just doesn't power up. Like 1 in 10 boots,

Sounds like we might be chasing a similar issue.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?84880-ASUS-Maximus-VIII-Hero-Q-code-b2&p=590597#top

ondersma80 wrote:
I just checked for 1701 and it doesn't seem to be available for the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha. The only oddity I experience is occasionally when powering on from a cold start it just doesn't power up. Like 1 in 10 boots, maybe even less frequently, fans turn on but it never sends a signal to the monitor. Press reset and it boots. I haven't figured it out but as a few others have said I have learned to live with it. If they would upload the new bios I would probably try it and see if it helps.

I had this problem with powering up and resolved it as follows thanks to another posters recommendations

1- Disable CPU SVID Support (Extreme tweaker menu)
2. Turn Anti Surge Support off (Monitor menu)

AmirShred wrote:
Maybe it's because this update is for Maximus Hero VIII