cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Edge

grassy
Level 12
For the people with windows 10, is Microsoft Edge running slow and laggy. I know mine is and can't understand why as its a new install. My internet connection is fine and I have found that when I need to go back a page by clicking on the back arrow it takes forever. Chrome seems to be quicker but I would like to give Edge a good go but am slowly losing faith in it.
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hey grassy

Just the other day windows 10 did an update which caused my microsoft edge to quit working completely, I don't recall what update it was but I went to installed updates and saw it only installed one update and I uninstalled it.

It was one of those kb updates, I don't know if maybe the same update is affecting you.

sk2play
Level 13
If you need to use (which I do for some apps) IE 11, just type in the search bar IE and right click on Internet Explorer to the (preference) of your choice for the short cut. I HATE edge, realy just hate it to death. . .
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

grassy
Level 12
Yea I have been thinking on using iE 11 but that too in past times has been known to be unresponsive. I think its time to give it a go and see where it takes me.

sk2play
Level 13
Because I am multi OS using the latest MAC, Ubuntu Linux and MS Windows 10, I use the latest FireFox and never get lost browsing the internet. I Sync all my bookmarks instantly too.
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
No problems here. I just tried and it is pretty fast. I don't use it much - I will use IE until Edge is a little more mature (and allows adblockers).

Did you try and "clear browsing Data"?

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

geneo wrote:
No problems here. I just tried and it is pretty fast. I don't use it much - I will use IE until Edge is a little more mature (and allows adblockers).

Did you try and "clear browsing Data"?
Yea geneo thats the first thing that i did but did not seem to work. I followed this guide and it sped up Microsoft Edge and fixed the problem.
http://merabheja.com/how-to-make-edge-fast-and-fix-slow-problem-in-windows-10/

recently, us technicians at work were "asked" to upgrade to Windows 10 and personally I do not like Microsoft edge. Its slow. believe it or not IE is better (never thought I would ever say that about a browser)