Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BIOS is up .... !

Nonny
Level 10
Hello !

WHAAT ? a new BIOS is up and no forums entrys here ??? 😉

RAMPAGE V EXTREME BIOS 3009
1. Updated iROG1 firmware to version 0515.
2. Improve system compatibility.
3. Support GPI's SMI event.

well here so fare it works fine 😉

Greetings

Nonny
30 REPLIES 30

Qwinn
Level 11
Can you please check the BIOS and tell us what microcode it's running on? I think it's under CPU Configuration, thanks

tistou77
Level 13
Support GPI's SMI event :confused:

CPU microcode 2D (same for 3008)
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

Qwinn
Level 11
Really? Surprised, I thought beta 3008 had moved up to 36. Oh well. Time to wait for the WIN-RAID guys then.

Qwinn
Level 11
Um, gave it a shot, and wow... my Aida benchmark went from this:

... to this...

Now granted, this is coming from 2101 modded, which had the upgraded microcode, and I never was able to get this OC fully stable on unmodded versions... but I never saw anything like this. YIKES.

I'll give 3009 modded a try, but if it's anything like this, yeah, I'll be staying with 2101 modded.

EDIT: Yeah, it was dropping 3 sticks, that's why. Not an upgrade.

just need ASUS to UPDATE there AI Suite 3 software now to fix the ACPI error i get all the time.
: The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested.
The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system.
This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded bios )

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks

smokeintheeye
Level 11
cool think il hold out for the mod one. can i ask are we now getting 2 different bios , so 3009 bios Broadwell-e and Haswell-e 2101 bios or is there just a lot of new bios on the go at the min?

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks

Szaquak
Level 7
Can someone tell somethinhg more about iROG1 firmware and whats exactly give this change (Support GPI's SMI event) ?

Qwinn
Level 11
Ok, getting some interesting results here. I'm on the modded 3009 BIOS now, and it still breaks my memory OC, BUT.

My kit is 2666 15-15-15-35-2T. On 2101 I had this overclocked to 3000 15-15-15-35-1T. That was the best performance I could get. Trying to tighten the timings on 2666 instead didn't get me as good benchmarks as the 3000 OC did.

Now, both 3009 official and modded completely break my 3000 OC. If I try to boot with it, it drops 3 out of 4 sticks. That's pretty severe. But I decided to try 3009 modded with my XMP settings, and noted that my scores, while not as good as my OC settings, were way closer than they used to be. This BIOS *does* seem to improve DDR4 memory performance, as I read somewhere it was supposed to. If I tighten the 2666 timings *now*, I might actually get better performance than I did on the 3000 OC.

Testing with 2666 13-13-13-30-1T now. Benchmark shows I'm getting 2k more read, but 8k less copy (write stayed the same). Anyone know if that's a worthwhile tradeoff?

samboy87
Level 9
To be honest , i think the 2101 is for Haswell-E and 3009 bios for the Broadwell-E. Offcours not 100% sure on this, but i dont think it will be a good thing, to use the 3009 on a normal Haswell-E. Atleast it looks like it's build for the Broadwell-E