cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Gladius extreme lag in games when moving mouse

ScottyG
Level 7
I don't restart my PC all that often but decided to do so today.
After the restart, I started experiencing extreme lags in games (CS:GO and Overwatch).
First I thought it was the GPU making problems but after reinstalling the driver and running some tests, I found out that it only happens when I move the mouse.
If I move around without using the mouse, there is no lag at all but as soon as I touch the mouse, the lag starts and it's so bad that I can't play at all.
When I played yesterday, everything worked just fine but the restart of my PC did something, and I have no idea what..
I tried reinstalling ROG Armoury (uninstalled and installed with a fresh installed downloaded from the ASUS website).

My settings in Armoury:
1600 DPI
1000 Polling rate

I need my mouse to work without giving me lag or I'll go crazy.. Please help!
3 REPLIES 3

ScottyG
Level 7
It's obviously the polling rate which is causing problems.
Changing it to 250 almost removes the lag, 500 and the lag is minimum.

I don't want to use 250 polling rate so what can I do about this?

ScottyG
Level 7
It seems that my CPU overclock was the problem.
After I went back to stock speed, the stutter stopped though it still uses between 10-20% more CPU while in Windows when moving the mouse around.
I find it extremely strange that it suddenly started doing this as it's been working just fine with my overclock since I bought the CPU and mainboard around 3 years ago.

Bahz
Level 12
Unstable OC cause something similar like what you described, since your system has been overclocked for 3 years, it's possible that the chip is starting to degrade and you probably should consider lowering the settings a little and also lowering the core voltage a bit.

Try running some stress tests (I recommend RealBench) and see if your system is still completely stable.