ROG Member Array

ROG Gladius extreme lag in games when moving mouse

I don't restart my PC all that often but decided to do so today.
    After the restart, I started experiencing extreme lags in games (CS:GO and Overwatch).
    First I thought it was the GPU making problems but after reinstalling the driver and running some tests, I found out that it only happens when I move the mouse.
    If I move around without using the mouse, there is no lag at all but as soon as I touch the mouse, the lag starts and it's so bad that I can't play at all.
    When I played yesterday, everything worked just fine but the restart of my PC did something, and I have no idea what..
    I tried reinstalling ROG Armoury (uninstalled and installed with a fresh installed downloaded from the ASUS website).

My settings in Armoury:
    1600 DPI
    1000 Polling rate

I need my mouse to work without giving me lag or I'll go crazy.. Please help!

ROG Member Array

It's obviously the polling rate which is causing problems.
    Changing it to 250 almost removes the lag, 500 and the lag is minimum.

I don't want to use 250 polling rate so what can I do about this?

ROG Member Array

It seems that my CPU overclock was the problem.
    After I went back to stock speed, the stutter stopped though it still uses between 10-20% more CPU while in Windows when moving the mouse around.
    I find it extremely strange that it suddenly started doing this as it's been working just fine with my overclock since I bought the CPU and mainboard around 3 years ago.

Ex-employee Array

Unstable OC cause something similar like what you described, since your system has been overclocked for 3 years, it's possible that the chip is starting to degrade and you probably should consider lowering the settings a little and also lowering the core voltage a bit.

Try running some stress tests (I recommend RealBench) and see if your system is still completely stable.