cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751JL Logo (under the display) replacement

nemerdekel
Level 7
So, a part of my asus logo came off... I need a replacement, it is 4.5 cm wide. Looking for help and I'm willing to pay for it.
(by the way, thank you Asus, on a 1000 euro plus machine you have problems like this)
Laptop: G751JL
Processor: i7-4750HQ
Graphics Card: GTX 965M
Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)
11 REPLIES 11

JustinThyme
Level 13
What machine is this? Someone may have scrap to help you out. Its not from the G751JL in your sig.
If its newer and under warranty they will most likely take care of it unless there are signs of abuse.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
What machine is this? Someone may have scrap to help you out. Its not from the G751JL in your sig.
If its newer and under warranty they will most likely take care of it unless there are signs of abuse.

It's 4 months old G751JL (the logo under the display, not from the back) and it is flawless, not even a scratch anywhere, but this problem with the logo. If I had the piece I would glue it back myself but I have no ideea where it got lost after it came down. I already tried to contact the service from my country, no reply so far. A new bezel is expensive, around 100 euros and in no way is this my fault. I was so happy about this machine, everything was going perfect aside from a few software tweaks. Now I watch the logo more than the screen (I might be a little OCD, lol)

JustinThyme
Level 13
OK, that makes sense. I was looking at my G751JL and didnt think the one under the display as I cant really see it unless the light hits it just right.
OCD is a good description if you keep staring at it and no its not worth a new bezel and no you cant have mine! LOL Nothing that says you cant look around and maybe find a piece of chromed plastic and trim it down or even just get a piece of plastic the same thickness, cut to fit and buy a can of the the chrome spray paint.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
OK, that makes sense. I was looking at my G751JL and didnt think the one under the display as I cant really see it unless the light hits it just right.
OCD is a good description if you keep staring at it and no its not worth a new bezel and no you cant have mine! LOL Nothing that says you cant look around and maybe find a piece of chromed plastic and trim it down or even just get a piece of plastic the same thickness, cut to fit and buy a can of the the chrome spray paint.

Oh, but you don't need it, haha.
Jokes aside, I was looking for a cheaper bezel (around 10-20 euros) on another model, but all the ones I can find have 4cm logo, and this is slightly bigger, 4.5cm. I think the 17 inch models 771 series or what they are might have the same sized one, but I haven't had the chance to take a look at one yet. If some one here has one and could take a measurement that would be a huge help.

nemerdekel
Level 7
Still looking for help

JustinThyme
Level 13
Help for the chromed plastic or Help for your OCD? LOL

JustinThyme wrote:
Help for the chromed plastic or Help for your OCD? LOL

The chromed plastic, lol. My OCD has no fix xD

nemerdekel
Level 7
Today I got the reply from the service saying they won't fix it under warranty because it is a visual problem and I would have to pay for the repairs, the shipping expenses and the cost ot the part. Well, fck you and your warranty Asus. I will do it myself. Guess who had his first and LAST Asus EVER.

nemerdekel
Level 7
So...the service asked me to pay for the repair and the cost of transport to the service, together around 100 euros and around 10 work days wait time. I went on the internet to find a replacement and after 2 days of search I found one on Amazon. In 7 days got it shipped from America to Europe (Romania) and is exactly like the stock one. The total cost of 2 logos and shippment was 10 euros... xD