cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift PG348Q Backlight bleed

Claudiu_Angelo
Level 7
I just bought one PG348Q. Nice monitor, nice color, g-sync woks well. But one thing bothers me.
For this type of panel is normal this type of bleeding at corners. Come from 27 Dell U2711.

I have an image attachment make it with ipkone 6s.
6 REPLIES 6

bvbz87
Level 7
Claudiu Angelo wrote:
I just bought one PG348Q. Nice monitor, nice color, g-sync woks well. But one thing bothers me.
For this type of panel is normal this type of bleeding at corners. Come from 27 Dell U2711.

I returned mine. Personally, I have been using IPS for quite some time from Samsung and Dell (was switching from a p2715q when I bought the PG348q) and have not had a monitor before with as much bleed/discoloration before. Now, if you look at reviews of the Dell, there are some people who had some pretty gnarly bleed on theirs. Personally, all my IPS to date have had a bit of minor acceptable glow. With all that in mind, I simply could not accept that on a $1300 monitor I was going to have to live with bad bleed and a yellow tinted corner..

The fact is that some PG348Qs, possibly even the majority if ASUS has improved over the PG279Q launch, will not have bad bleed issues. Companies don't seem to see it as nearly as big of a problem as customers do, so they let the ones with bad bleed sell along with the ones that only have minor glow. The question is more "can you live with it" or "are you willing to engage in at least one exchange process to get one with no bleed." They exist, the question is what percentage of units shipped don't have the issues. It seems that the Acer/AUO panels do have a higher proportion with bleed issues. If you bought from Amazon/Newegg Premier/Microcenter you can just return it very quickly and hopefully you would get one without bad enough bleed to be distracting.

I've decided to wait it out and see what reviews are like for most people ... if bleed is a rarity I may buy again and chalk it up to bad luck on my part.

Nate152
Hi guys

All IPS monitors have some light bleed and is a lot more noticeable in a dark room with a black desktop background like Claudiu Angelo's shows. If you don't notice it when playing games I wouldn't worry about it. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
Hi guys

All IPS monitors have some light bleed and is a lot more noticeable in a dark room with a black desktop background like Claudiu Angelo's shows. If you don't notice it when playing games I wouldn't worry about it. 🙂

I went through Four 279Q's and they all looks like different degrees of this one. the one exception was the first one which was lookings nearly perfect except it had the yellow tint issue where the top half of the screen gradually was yellow and the top edge was basically to much of a difference in color to be able to adjust the coloring.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

brashtix
Level 7
Claudiu Angelo wrote:

I just got thew same monitor and the EXACT same amount of bleed did you keep it is this acceptable for an 1200-1300$ monitor im literally in awe over it seeing as i came from a tn predator at 165 Hz with zero backlight bleed and it seems when i look form diff angles the bleed looks worse it wouldnt be so bad if it wqasnt in EVERY corner ... IDK what to do I am dreading sending it back waiting days upon days for refund then "maybe" getting a worse or better one .. its 2018 havent they solved this issue why is this still going on after years? im just irritated that it hits the screen form every angle .. and i paid 1 day shipping for nothing .. lol
Joshua K

oG_kill3r
Level 7
Hey all

I just picked up the PG348Q and it has some backlight bleed in the corners . Ive been playing the panel lottery for the last two months with alienware and predator . All the 3440x1440 IPS monitors ive tried have all had backlight bleed . Im hoping i dont run into screen flickering like i did with the other two brands ! Its been exhausting to say the least trying to find a decent monitor that will perform with no issues ! If your expecting to find a IPS monitor with no backlight bleed good luck !

Volt
Level 9
I have this to a lesser extent with my PG348Q. I do notice it when the screen is completely black. Like when I have my monitor on and the computer is off. But I never seen to notice it when I'm gaming. Even when I have a game that is displaying the image in 16:9 with black bars on the left and right side of the screen. I do quite a bit of gaming. I got this monitor to enhance my gaming experience. And boy does it deliver. Especially with games that support 21:9.