ROG Member Array

ROG Swift PG348Q Backlight bleed

I just bought one PG348Q. Nice monitor, nice color, g-sync woks well. But one thing bothers me.
    For this type of panel is normal this type of bleeding at corners. Come from 27 Dell U2711.

I have an image attachment make it with ipkone 6s.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos asus.jpg  

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Claudiu Angelo View Post
    I just bought one PG348Q. Nice monitor, nice color, g-sync woks well. But one thing bothers me.
    For this type of panel is normal this type of bleeding at corners. Come from 27 Dell U2711.

I returned mine. Personally, I have been using IPS for quite some time from Samsung and Dell (was switching from a p2715q when I bought the PG348q) and have not had a monitor before with as much bleed/discoloration before. Now, if you look at reviews of the Dell, there are some people who had some pretty gnarly bleed on theirs. Personally, all my IPS to date have had a bit of minor acceptable glow. With all that in mind, I simply could not accept that on a $1300 monitor I was going to have to live with bad bleed and a yellow tinted corner..

The fact is that some PG348Qs, possibly even the majority if ASUS has improved over the PG279Q launch, will not have bad bleed issues. Companies don't seem to see it as nearly as big of a problem as customers do, so they let the ones with bad bleed sell along with the ones that only have minor glow. The question is more "can you live with it" or "are you willing to engage in at least one exchange process to get one with no bleed." They exist, the question is what percentage of units shipped don't have the issues. It seems that the Acer/AUO panels do have a higher proportion with bleed issues. If you bought from Amazon/Newegg Premier/Microcenter you can just return it very quickly and hopefully you would get one without bad enough bleed to be distracting.

I've decided to wait it out and see what reviews are like for most people ... if bleed is a rarity I may buy again and chalk it up to bad luck on my part.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hi guys

All IPS monitors have some light bleed and is a lot more noticeable in a dark room with a black desktop background like Claudiu Angelo's shows. If you don't notice it when playing games I wouldn't worry about it.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97 Wifi-Pro
    ProcessorI7-4790k
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skills
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Samsumg 951 Pro m.2 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    Power Supply1600W 80 Platinum
    OS Win10

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    Hi guys

All IPS monitors have some light bleed and is a lot more noticeable in a dark room with a black desktop background like Claudiu Angelo's shows. If you don't notice it when playing games I wouldn't worry about it.
    I went through Four 279Q's and they all looks like different degrees of this one. the one exception was the first one which was lookings nearly perfect except it had the yellow tint issue where the top half of the screen gradually was yellow and the top edge was basically to much of a difference in color to be able to adjust the coloring.

New ROGer Array brashtix PC Specs
    brashtix PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair 6 / Asus strix z270E /Aorus z270 K7
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700 / i7 7700k / core 2 duo / 7820x
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2Vega 56
    Graphics Card #3GTX 1080 FE
    MonitorASUS PG348Q , ACER Predator XB241hu
    Storage #1samsung 950 Evo / seagate firecuda / pny ssd / samsung evo NVME
    CPU CoolerCustom water cooling / x2 corsair h 100i V2
    Casephanteks evolv TG / S340 Elite / Praxis Wet Bench
    Power SupplyRM850x / RM650x
    Keyboard Mionix Wei , corsair K70
    Mouse Mionix Castor,Razor Deathadder Elite
    Headset steelseries arctis 5
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    OS Windows 10 64

Quote Originally Posted by Claudiu Angelo View Post

I just got thew same monitor and the EXACT same amount of bleed did you keep it is this acceptable for an 1200-1300$ monitor im literally in awe over it seeing as i came from a tn predator at 165 Hz with zero backlight bleed and it seems when i look form diff angles the bleed looks worse it wouldnt be so bad if it wqasnt in EVERY corner ... IDK what to do I am dreading sending it back waiting days upon days for refund then "maybe" getting a worse or better one .. its 2018 havent they solved this issue why is this still going on after years? im just irritated that it hits the screen form every angle .. and i paid 1 day shipping for nothing .. lol

ROG Guru: White Belt Array oG kill3r PC Specs
    oG kill3r PC Specs
    MotherboardEvga Z97 Classified
    Processori7 4790k
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident X 2400 32gb
    Graphics Card #1Evga Titan X
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAsus VG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 250gb SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 512gb Pro SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseCorsair 760T
    Power SupplyEvga 1300 G2
    Keyboard Corsair K70
    Mouse Evga Torq X10
    Headset Sennheiser PC 350 SE
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Hey all

I just picked up the PG348Q and it has some backlight bleed in the corners . Ive been playing the panel lottery for the last two months with alienware and predator . All the 3440x1440 IPS monitors ive tried have all had backlight bleed . Im hoping i dont run into screen flickering like i did with the other two brands ! Its been exhausting to say the least trying to find a decent monitor that will perform with no issues ! If your expecting to find a IPS monitor with no backlight bleed good luck !

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Volt PC Specs
    Volt PC Specs
    MotherboardGIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z97 ATX
    Processori7-4790K 4.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)ADATA 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1nVidia Gefroce GTX 1080 w/8 GB
    Sound CardMotherboard G1 - Creative Sound Core3D
    MonitorASUS Rog PG348Q Swift
    Storage #1250 GB Samsung 850 Pro
    Storage #22TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA-III
    CPU CoolerAsetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Keyboard Corsair K70 STRAFE
    Mouse Logitech Pro
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

I have this to a lesser extent with my PG348Q. I do notice it when the screen is completely black. Like when I have my monitor on and the computer is off. But I never seen to notice it when I'm gaming. Even when I have a game that is displaying the image in 16:9 with black bars on the left and right side of the screen. I do quite a bit of gaming. I got this monitor to enhance my gaming experience. And boy does it deliver. Especially with games that support 21:9.