cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G752 Sound Questions

BlueEyes
Level 7
Well,im fairly new to both ROG Notebook Series and the concept of gaming laptop itself.The Forum members have helped me overcome many obstacles and i hope it will happen again ^__^.
Well,the problem is the sound of the laptop.Im not sure if its supposed to be like this but it kindda feels like its way too,idk,medium i guess.When watching the release page of ROG G752 and reading all that stuff about Sonic Sound and all that stuff,
and then starting a song on my new G752 laptop and it feels soo normal...im pretty sure even my phone speakers are louder.So that leads me to a question,is it normal or did i forget to install some drivers or something,or is it the laptop in general.

Thanks for taking the time to read. ❤️
12 REPLIES 12

JustinThyme
Level 13
Nope, its pretty normal. Laptop speakers are weak and the G752 speakers are really weak. There isnt a laptop on the market that produces any quality sound, none. They are all garbage and some just produce louder garbage than others. Only thing I use laptop speakers for is maybe listening to news clips or informational media. Music and gaming 100% of the time Im using ear buds, headphones or a BT speaker.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

kingswillz
Level 9
Most people say things like "the speaker quality is just bad" with this series, but honestly, it isn't. The actual problem is Sonic Studio. Its default settings are real bad. Once you adjust and tweak them to settings that work, it sounds pretty normal. Granted it is slightly strange because of where the speakers are placed, though you do get used to it, in fact I think it's actually a lot better for movies.
Here are my settings for Sonic Studio.

http://i.imgur.com/fsnZisB.png

The only thing I could recommend doing is uninstalling your sound drivers, and then reinstall.
If you STILL have "medium" sound quality, I don't know what to say. Mine are PRETTY loud when at 100 and they sound pretty nice.
Though one con is, if it's too loud, you can feel the vibrations, which can be annoying, I suppose.

the problem is i dont have Sonic studios or any of that stuff....from asus based drivers i got only ROG MACROKEY , ROG GAMING CENTER and smart gesture...and the standard keyboard stuff.
I asked on forum bcz of that,bcz i feel im missing alot of ROG stuff on my laptop and im not sure what to do about it

BlueEyes wrote:
the problem is i dont have Sonic studios or any of that stuff....from asus based drivers i got only ROG MACROKEY , ROG GAMING CENTER and smart gesture...and the standard keyboard stuff.
I asked on forum bcz of that,bcz i feel im missing alot of ROG stuff on my laptop and im not sure what to do about it

When i bought the laptop from an online page in my country,i got it with FREEDos,meaning i had to boot up Windows 10 by myself.Since im a total derp when it comes to that,i went and gave it to a PC store that does that,and the way i got the laptop was without Sonic Studio,
From what ive found in my ASUS folder ive only gotten ROG Gaming Center and ROG MacroKeys,so now im unsure what other drivers am i missing and how to get them.Because the laptop right now feels like ive only gotten 50% of what i payed for.

BlueEyes wrote:
When i bought the laptop from an online page in my country,i got it with FREEDos,meaning i had to boot up Windows 10 by myself.Since im a total derp when it comes to that,i went and gave it to a PC store that does that,and the way i got the laptop was without Sonic Studio,
From what ive found in my ASUS folder ive only gotten ROG Gaming Center and ROG MacroKeys,so now im unsure what other drivers am i missing and how to get them.Because the laptop right now feels like ive only gotten 50% of what i payed for.

As the person above posted, you should probably do that. Also, don't worry. You're fine. Those are just programs and drivers you can install manually anyway. It isn't hard, but it is a hassle and can take a couple of hours to do if you're new to it. One suggestion though, uninstall the driver before installing. It's not hard at all, you just go to device manager and/or "change or remove programs". Use the Asus driver site, look for your model, and download the drivers you need. You don't need to install drivers that were last updated in early 2015. All g752 models were manufactured after that. You can confirm by finding the location folder of where the driver is located and see the install/change date. Also, off topic here, but you should google "How to: Remove Your NVIDIA GPU Drivers (New - 2016)" click the first link and follow the guide. Uninstalling/reinstalling the graphics card is tedious. I did not follow any guides and just straight up reinstalled over the old drivers and instantly had issues. Its best doing a clean install for each and every driver just to be safe. I've had no problems for doing that to every driver. An FYI, my model is G752VT.

Thank you all for positive feedback and helpful comments,all of it is very appriciated. My model is G752VT aswell,and thanks to you guys i finally feel like i have the laptop i was aiming to have :D...thanks once again <3;)

toronto699
Level 13
what u need should be in this thread esupport folder
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?84979-Could-someone-share-ASUS-G752vt-eSupport-folder

and here are the G752 driver pages since I do not now your model # this is all the g752 driver pagers
http://support.asus.com.cn/download/ModelList.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=G752&type=1
Sonic Studio
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AJQRYdzA6PfsBTI&cid=7BAB7E9BDEE2E2D4&id=7BAB7E9BDEE2E2D4%21261...
or ask someone to upload the esupport folder for your G752 Model #
esupport folder {G752-VT}
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MF2gRd6aF9WHBVTUtTaC1WcVk/view?pref=2&pli=1

toronto699 wrote:
or ask someone to upload the esupport folder for your G752 Model #
esupport folder {G752-VT} .............................

Here is a link to my G752VY Esupport directory. It's about 2.5GB. Hope it serves you well.

Regards!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]