cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage v extreme bios 3009

danielb
Level 7
Bios notes:

1. Updated iROG1 firmware to version 0515.
2. Improve system compatibility.
3. Support GPI's SMI event.

----

Can anyone confirm what raid version this has?
19 REPLIES 19

mekar
Level 7
danielb wrote:
Bios notes:

1. Updated iROG1 firmware to version 0515.
2. Improve system compatibility.
3. Support GPI's SMI event.

----

Can anyone confirm what raid version this has?

After flashing to this bios , computer wont even load in to bios:mad:

mekar wrote:
After flashing to this bios , computer wont even load in to bios:mad:

bios works great.

JimGamer
Level 9
ok so no need to upgrade then when it fails

JimGamer
Level 9
Just took the risk of updating and i had no problems at all update went well reatated the pc a few times but so far so good
did not even had to reset my boot device as i had to do before
Jim

Onimax
Level 8
Had this bios for a few days now and experienced two hard crashes (black screen and then reboot) when under "semi-load" (youtube, android emulator, few open tabs in the browser, a bunch of open programs).
Went back to 2101.

This seems to work much better for me.

Onimax wrote:
Had this bios for a few days now and experienced two hard crashes (black screen and then reboot) when under "semi-load" (youtube, android emulator, few open tabs in the browser, a bunch of open programs).
Went back to 2101.

This seems to work much better for me.

These kind of problems for me started even on 2101, tried everything, different overclocks, optimized defaults, completely cleaned gpu drivers and installing older versions(since the most repeating issue was graphics driver crashing).
Even installed new Windows on another partition.

Went back to 1902 and no issues so far.

What a joke!

ZelmoQuad
Level 7
Complete fail. Crashed one of my BIOS chips. Down to one now. I updated this board's BIOS 5 times over the last 18 months, no problem. This time after completing the upload and install, the machine rebooted and failed. I restarted and it worked once, loaded and showed 3009 in MSINFO32. Then I shutdown and rebooted. It would not function. Gave the message "Do not to shut down, BIOS is updating". It goes into several restarts than rolls over to the other BIOS chip.

Is there anyway to recover this chip. Every time I hit F2 I get the message about don't shutdown. Is it possible to recover so I can flash back to my 1901.

ZelmoQuad wrote:

Is there anyway to recover this chip. Every time I hit F2 I get the message about don't shutdown. Is it possible to recover so I can flash back to my 1901.

Do a BIOS Reset (take out battery and unplug power for a minute). Boot into BIOS 1901, there you can copy the 1901 BIOS to the other chip (takes a couple of minutes).

kaese wrote:
Do a BIOS Reset (take out battery and unplug power for a minute). Boot into BIOS 1901, there you can copy the 1901 BIOS to the other chip (takes a couple of minutes).

Great minds think alike. That's the technique I used. What confused all was the double reboot. Wasn't expecting that. I just wanted out from 3009. I actually had ver.1801 on the #1 and force copied to #2. I'll go back and try it again when I feel like messing with it. Would have been nice if there was a note attached to the download warning of the differences. Thank you and thank all who provided useful info.