cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update HD Graphics 4600 - Windows 10

gaby11010
Level 7
Hello guys, I am new to the forum so please excuse me if I post in the wrong section.

I recently installed windows 10 on my Asus ROG G551JW and the problem is that I can't update HD Graphics 4600. Downloaded the update from Asus drivers for G551JW (10.18.15.4256), a version from last year.
I tried to install Intel Update Utilities, but it says that I should download the latest driver from the computer manufacturer.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem ?

Thank you !
1 REPLY 1

DeathtoGnomes
Level 9
You may have to start over and do a fresh install, unless you can uninstall the ASUS drivers (GF551JW). There is a utility to clean old AMD drivers that you should also use if you can uninstall the ASUS drivers. I dont remember the exact name but try searching (google, Duckduckgo, etc.) for "DDU", amd driver uninstaller.

You then want to go to AMD website and find the right driver package to download. I looked my self and I found nither the laptop/notebook or the desktop version for the HD4600 isnt supported in Windows 10, that driver package only applies up to Win8.1. That doesnt mean it wont work, it means there may be conflicts with the driver package. However, if your card can run normally without installing AMD drivers and just run with the Win10 default drivers. I dont see why this wont work enough.

You other options is to replace your graphics card with something newer, assuming its not a laptop or notebook.

IF all this doesnt work for you, reinstall your previously installed Windows version.
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool: