cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gt51ca option with GTX 1080 in SLI instead of the Titan X ?

johndoeasus
Level 7
Hello. So i was wondering now that the GTX 1080 has been announced if there will be an option available to run the GTX 1080 in SLI instead of the Titan X in SLI option that has been announced before in the GT51CA?
Since the GT51CA is not yet released i was hoping they will include this option before it's released. I'm looking into buying this PC But i really hope they will include this option.
9 REPLIES 9

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
johndoeasus wrote:
Hello. So i was wondering now that the GTX 1080 has been announced if there will be an option available to run the GTX 1080 in SLI instead of the Titan X in SLI option that has been announced before in the GT51CA?
Since the GT51CA is not yet released i was hoping they will include this option before it's released. I'm looking into buying this PC But i really hope they will include this option.

my guess is that the new gtx 1080 is coming out next month June/July 2016 and chances is that their have missed that system. maybe their might add it to the specs on the site or maybe just bring out a totally new system. only time will tell and good the gtx 1080 will be against gtx 980ti in sli

Welsh Gaming

I hope they do add it to the system's specs. It'd be great. Thanks for the information 🙂

I think that definitely will integrate into the new system, if it were not so would start at a disadvantage, the people buying these types of desktop already assembled before comparli look good specifications and especially the news, I personally would not buy a gt51 with nvidia in titan sli but with new graphics cards nvidia gt1080! I think that there will be gt51 models with gt1080 nvidia graphics cards otherwise would not make sense!

I hope they reveal an updated GT51CA during Computex.

fidelity101
Level 7
Wouldn't an "update" indicate that they've already sold something? I can't believe they have a populated link with updates/drivers/information yet they haven't sold a single unit yet???

toronto699
Level 13

toronto699
Level 13
" I'm going to take a good guess that the GT51 will likely come with GTX 1080 options later in the future. Since the GT51 project was started a bit earlier before the GTX 1080 was available so when they came up with the specs they just used the Titan X as that was the best card at that time." Quote from Bahz our forum moderator Asus HQ

toronto699
Level 13
Guys good news!!

ROG GT51 is an award-winning gaming desktop not only looks out of this world, you'll get extreme performance from the liquid-cooled Intel Core i7-6700K processor with Turbo Gear for one-click full-core CPU overclocking to 4.6GHz without rebooting and up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in 2-way SLI. The ROG Band lets you access Shadow Drive — your own hidden hard drive space that lets you manage personal confidential data safely — or activate overclocking.

Source: http://rog.asus.com/23502016/awards/...computex-2016/
GT51 with 1080 will be my next asus PC when will it be in the market place , I sent a pre order to { AddOn Systems} Singapore the GT 51 with Titan X the vender said 4 weeks to complete transaction. They had no option for 1080 at that time that was a few days ago. 6/72016. Ill cancel the order. They would also ship my order to Canada , expensive shipping yes but I want the GT51 so I'm will to pay what ever the cost.

toronto699
Level 13
"An update from ASUS Singapore, the GT51 built with GTX1080 SLI will be available in August or September". Quote , email from addonsystems.net singapore