Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Question about GL502 models and specs

Hello to all. Recently I was researching gaming laptops that stayed on my budget and I found one ASUS laptop that really interested me. It's the ASUS ROG Strix GL502VT.
    Now, the problem I have found when trying to get more info on the laptop is that there is next to no info on it available. So I would like to ask to someone out there that has it or knows about it
    the following:

This laptop, as stated by ASUS, can come with an M.2 SSD. However, the version I see on some retailers only have the version with the lowest specs (still good for me) and this one does not
    have an SSD installed. So I would like to know that, even if does not come with an M.2 SSD installed, if it will have the M.2 slot in there so I can install the SSD whenever I want to. Please let me know.
    Thank you to anyone who takes their time to answer
    Last edited by TripleA; 05-15-2016 at 05:17 AM.

ROG Member Array

Ok, so first I talked with ASUS' support by calling them and by live chat. Guy on the phone wasn't that helpful, but he told me that the laptop has released and it's available.
    I tried to ask about the specs and he told me he didn't know and it's what the retailer says it has (called the retailer, they told me to ask ASUS). Meanwhile, the chat rep contradicted
    the other guy telling me that the laptop has not released in the US and does not have neither a release date nor an MSRP set yet. What is this? If they know nothing, why is it even
    on their page with such a big ad and all?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA View Post
    Ok, so first I talked with ASUS' support by calling them and by live chat. Guy on the phone wasn't that helpful, but he told me that the laptop has released and it's available.
    I tried to ask about the specs and he told me he didn't know and it's what the retailer says it has (called the retailer, they told me to ask ASUS). Meanwhile, the chat rep contradicted
    the other guy telling me that the laptop has not released in the US and does not have neither a release date nor an MSRP set yet. What is this? If they know nothing, why is it even
    on their page with such a big ad and all?
    Check out HiDevolution

http://www.hidevolution.com

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ZeneticX View Post
    Check out HiDevolution

Thank you for answering but is that the same laptop? Because the default is priced higher than the other retailers I have seen. And ASUS' site says that the max RAM capacity is 16 while this site says that it is 24.

New ROGer Array

Thank you for answering but is that the same laptop? Because the default is priced higher than the other retailers I have seen. And ASUS' site says that the max RAM capacity is 16 while this site says that it is 24.
    It's the same laptop for sure. Hidevolution is known to offer custom specs for their laptop, you can also customise it yourself. According to the press release this laptop supports up to 32GB RAM. Check the press release on ROG main page, this laptop was just officially announced yesterday.

ROG Member Array

It's the same laptop for sure. Hidevolution is known to offer custom specs for their laptop, you can also customise it yourself. According to the press release this laptop supports up to 32GB RAM. Check the press release on ROG main page, this laptop was just officially announced yesterday.
    Well then, this just became as confusing as ever. So the chat reps were right while the support rep on the phone was wrong? And (sorry if I sound ignorant) if it has yet to be released, why is it available in sites like Hidevolution, Best buy and amazon?

ROG Member Array

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog...ustomerreviews

This is the same laptop? Because I finally had an answer from Best Buy and they said that this laptop does indeed have an M.2 slot but it does not have G-Sync. However, press release says that all models include G-Sync. So this just confuses me more and more

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array toronto699 PC Specs
    toronto699 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752-VY-DH78K , G751-JYDH72X
    MotherboardRog Tytan G30AB
    Processori7-4770K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Gold20th GTX980Ti
    Sound CardDell X-Fi Audigy SoundBlaster
    Monitor3 Acer K272HL
    Storage #1118 GB/OS
    Storage #22.72 TB
    CPU CoolerIntegrated Liquid-Cooled CPU
    CaseG30AB
    Power SupplyAsus 700 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Diamond Back
    Headset Sony Studio Professional , Razer Seiren Mic
    Mouse Pad Razer FireFly
    Headset/Speakers Logittech 5.1 Z-5500
    OS W 10
    Network RouterSagemon Fast 5250 Hub 2000

PM Cl-Albert he can sort out all the confusion hes an Asus Rep on these forums {Asus USA} , I agree from the press release to the Asus GL502 webpages its very confusing one thing for sure no DVD drive
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?105838-cl-Albert
    Last edited by toronto699; 05-14-2016 at 11:11 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by toronto699 View Post
    PM Cl-Albert he can sort out all the confusion hes an Asus Rep on these forums {Asus USA} , I agree from the press release to the Asus GL502 webpages its very confusing one thing for sure no DVD drive
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?105838-cl-Albert
    Thanks, I contacted him, let's see what he says and if he can clear out this confusion. I'll post what he answers

Super Moderator Array

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog...ustomerreviews

This is the same laptop? Because I finally had an answer from Best Buy and they said that this laptop does indeed have an M.2 slot but it does not have G-Sync. However, press release says that all models include G-Sync. So this just confuses me more and more
    I'm with ASUS support instead of sales or marketing (and trying not to get in trouble with them), but looks like you have the right idea that there is more than one GL502 model out there with some differences between them.

The GL502VT download site has both Intel and nVidia vga drivers posted which tell me the unit supports 'optimus' which also seems to prevent units from supporting G-Sync right now from what I've seen.

Check out HiDevolution

If you check the HiDevolution website more carefully, I see 2 different GL502 models listed and sounds like the second model may not be quite here yet.

Anyway, if you see any information about the 'GL502' model, you want to ask yourself which GL502 model it is for specifically since some of the information does not appear to apply to the GL502VT model that is available right now.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 05-16-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast