cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus smart gesture problem

Ahmed1997
Level 7
i have problem in asus g551jw with asus smart gesture
the program won't start uo also it's look doesn't work probably i can't scroll also 3 fingers function not working
I've tried to reinstall the driver but the problem still exist please help !!
8 REPLIES 8

Dweezle
Level 7
I read in a forum you can repair the installation because uninstalling doesn't work properly: settings>control panel>uninstall/change program>repair program "asus smart gesture"

Dweezle wrote:
I read in a forum you can repair the installation because uninstalling doesn't work properly: settings>control panel>uninstall/change program>repair program "asus smart gesture"

Thx for reply. I've tried this method and still not working:(

the program looks strange no instructions appears also i couldn't found the exe . i can just run it from control panel???
i think there is a problem with the installation!!!

So lets look at this, does the touch screen respond at all? I have recently replace a digitizer for a friend of mine and since his was cracked I turned of the touch screen in the device manager until the new one was installed. maybe an update disabled it or is it working for basic functions?

the laptop doesn't have touch screen
the program was working perfectly .i don't know if an update cause that .but recently i installed some windows update before the problem.
the two fingers function working but no scrolling and three fingers function doesn't work this so annoying .
i want to reset my laptop factory settings but i cant find any recovery partition, what can i do?
notice: i've upgrade from 8.1 to 10 i wrote that recovery function (F9) not working in 10?
should i download installation media and reset my device from it ?
and will the activation of the windows will effected.

Dweezle
Level 7
Oh I see its a touch pad program. maybe its a driver profile issue, I really wish I had this program so i can look at how it works. also, concerning reimaging your system, my son upgraded to windows 10 on his Alienware computer and when I reimaged it the product key inserted itself. I guess if you are signed into the cloud it sets up and activates automatically. or you can find what you product key is using produkey 64 and manually input it. since its the same hardware configuration you shouldn't have any issues with the activation. the only thing is if it was an update that caused the problem, its just going to happen again when the update pushes out again.

Dweezle wrote:
Oh I see its a touch pad program. maybe its a driver profile issue, I really wish I had this program so i can look at how it works. also, concerning reimaging your system, my son upgraded to windows 10 on his Alienware computer and when I reimaged it the product key inserted itself. I guess if you are signed into the cloud it sets up and activates automatically. or you can find what you product key is using produkey 64 and manually input it. since its the same hardware configuration you shouldn't have any issues with the activation. the only thing is if it was an update that caused the problem, its just going to happen again when the update pushes out again.

You may think the scroll is not working try setting it to the reverse.

Dweezle wrote:

Thx for your reply . i solved the problem by download windows 10 installation media and rest the computer without deleting files. and reinstall the driver
i found that the avira antivirus detected some driver files as malware.
but my problem still that i don't have recovery partition looks like that i'll need to go to asus service .i haven't made fresh installation just upgrade.