cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY keyboard backlit and fn keys are not working

k1ng440
Level 7
Hello,
I just reinstalled the windows and now the functions (FN) key combinations and keyboard backlit are not working.

any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Gustave
Level 9
k1ng440 wrote:
Hello,
I just reinstalled the windows and now the functions (FN) key combinations and keyboard backlit are not working.

any help would be appreciated.

Did you install all Asus drivers. Especially the ATKACPI drivers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JustinThyme
Level 13
Im curious, why do folks find it necessary to wipe their drives and reinstall windows on a perfectly good platform that is working perfectly? This forum is LOADED with the same posts over and over of how something wont work correctly afterwards. Sometimes its remedied, often it is not.
These machine are not like Best Buy machines where they are loaded with a ton of Best Buy bloatware that is a challange to remove. Unwanted software is minimal and a breeze to uninstall and wipe all traces of it with CCleaner. Took me like 5 minutes.
I usually hear the same story of how a clean install improves performance, I challenge anyone with a G752VY to a battle of performance Factory Image what little bloatware there is removed Vs Clean install with wiped drive. Choose what benchmarks you like. Guarantee any differences will be negligible unless you haven't gotten your machine completely operational with muddied up driver problems, then you will lose.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein