cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY memory slot locations ?

CerealKillerGuy
Level 7
Does anyone know how I can identify where are the ram slots located in my laptop? My model came with only 8GB of ram.
CPU-Z says my 8GB DDR4 stick is in slot #3. I cannot open the user serviceable part of my laptop at the moment to see in which of them it is.
I know there are 2 user serviceable slots and 2 require almost complete dissasembly.
I want to buy another 8gb stick and I want to know if i can putem them in dual channel mode. (that can only happend if the existent ram is in a user serviceable slot)
7 REPLIES 7

What i wanted to know is not how to disassemble it, i know how the inside looks. Just wanted to know the order of the ram slots.
Example:
Slots 1,2 are under the user serviceable cover and slots 3, 4 are the ones that require full disassembly.

CPU-Z states that the 8gb stick i currently have is in slot no. 3 and i want to know if i have to do a full disasembly to put it in dual channel with a new ram stick.

EttoreA
Level 7
Original memory modules - from Hynix - are installed in the slot #0 and #2 which are in non serviceable area. I have installed in serviceable area two additional 8GB modules from Samsung which HWiNFO64 reports to me as slots #1 and #3. I think you have your answer.

That means that on my version of 725vy the ram is in the serviceable area. Thank you for your answer! Also, do you know if these 2 serviceable ram slots run in dual channel together?

CerealKillerGuy wrote:
That means that on my version of 725vy the ram is in the serviceable area. Thank you for your answer! Also, do you know if these 2 serviceable ram slots run in dual channel together?

Are you sure its in the user serviceable area? Takes like 30 seconds to pop the cover look put it back, only one screw.
The two slots that are not easily accessible are one pair and those in the user serviceable are are the other pair.

I just double checked mine with CPUID.
There is no slot 0

Slots 1 and 3 require removing the keyboard,
Slots 2 and 4 are in the user serviceable area.

Generally you have just s few configurations.
8GB = 1x8GB stick under keyboard
16GB=2x8GB sticks under keyboard
24GB=2x8GB under keyboard and 1X8GB stick in user serviceable area
32GB=2x16GB sticks under keyboard
64GB all slots filled with 16GB sticks

Guarantee your machine specs max upgrade 24GB

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Yes, I just noticed, i got them from 1-4 in cpu-z too. I don't have a screwdriver atm to open the case, otherwise i would have looked. I think you're correct. Only one question left. If i put another memory stick in slot #2 or #4, will it recognize it as dual channel with the other mem stick if the current one is in #3?

Xploited_Titan
Level 7
Normally, one of both should allow Dual Channel indeed.
So it's a matter of trial and error to find which one is in Dual Channel with the other.

I just filled the 3 other slots to reach 32GB and am in Dual Channel (easy mode :p).
When I did, I noticed Asus was using the same Crucial sticks than those I added (pure coincidence!), but I have a G752VT, not a G752VY (think the construct is identical though).