cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage v extreme Qcode B2 (driving me crazy)

pamir47
Level 7
Specs:
Motherboard model: Asus rampage v extreme

UEFI Version:3009

CPU: Intel i7 5960x

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB:Corsair Dominator platinum 16Gb(4x4) DDR4 2800, CMD16GX4M4A2800C16

GPU: Evga GTX 980 super clocked

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb

PSU:Corsair Ax 1200i, 1200w

USB Devices (model/version number): Razer black widow keybord and Razer death adder chroma mouse.

Monitor: Asus 28 4K PB287Q

CPU Cooler: EKWB Water cooling

PC CASE: Corsair Obisidian 900 D

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no? Window 10 pr 64bit activated

Drivers Installed (include version): all drivers are updated

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: corsair link, cpu-z, gpu-z

System Overclocked (provide details)? Not overclocked

Issue:

Hei Guys !

I have build my computer for 1 year ago, and almost since the bigning I'v had this problem. I thougt the issue would dispear by bios and other updates but the
problem is getting more and more frequent.

When I cold power the pc, it cycles debug code and shows no signal on screen, while in motherboard shows B2 qcode (Legacy Option ROM Initialization)
At this point I must turn off the pc by pressing the power button, then turn on pc by pressing power button again and it will boot into windows.
So basically every time I want to use my computer I need 4-5 resets, what is up with that?

I'v tried run bios in many different setting, default settings,overclocked and also tried XMP profiles. Still B2 qcode appears and windows dont boot normaly.
I'v replaced rams and usb devices but not cpu and gpu, tho to water cooling. I see many people have encounterd this problem, but looks like nobody has a solution.

This rig became really expensive for me, and i wasnt expecting such problem that i cant solv my self 😞
So any help is appreciated,
whoever fixes my PC, get $50 in gift 🙂
12 REPLIES 12

Chino wrote:
Does this happen at stock settings?

Yes, I'v most of the time runned my rig at stock settings.

Should I try defualt settings ?

Ok, I cleared cmos. started pc and get this error in bios which says cpu fan error, becouse I have not connected anything to the cpu fan since im using water cooling.
So as usual I go to bios and ignore cpu fan and change fan2(water cooling fans) from DC Mode to PWM Mode and exit bios. Still I got qcode b2.

And for fun I left the pc on for like 20 min and and the qcode changed from b2 > AA (all accessible) and it rebooted it selv back to qcode b2 (

I have now also connected the fans to cpu fan, which means i dont do any changes in bios after clearing cmos. But still getting B2 code. after that I borrowed my brother' gpu, gtx970 its inserted in pci slot 3.
started pc and it says, BIOS IS UPDATING, dont shut down the system, etc. running in like 30min and no prosess.

pamir47 wrote:
I have now also connected the fans to cpu fan, which means i dont do any changes in bios after clearing cmos. But still getting B2 code. after that I borrowed my brother' gpu, gtx970 its inserted in pci slot 3.
started pc and it says, BIOS IS UPDATING, dont shut down the system, etc. running in like 30min and no prosess.

Do you have any external hard drives or USB pendrives connected to your system?

Chino wrote:
Do you have any external hard drives or USB pendrives connected to your system?

Nope I dont. I actually today removed water cooling from gpu, now its running with its own cooling system.
It was alot work. Reinserted the gpu and now back to qcode b2 and qcode 76. It must be the gpu. Why is it working with gtx 970 ?