cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VIII Ranger network adapter

zalmoxis12000
Level 7
Hi I want to ask if anyone knows if is anywhere a setiting where the speed of the internet can be limited? Can be done from BIOS?
Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Hi zalmoxiz12000

Why would you want to limit the speed of your internet? There's no way to limit it from the bios that I'm aware of, you could tell your internet provider it's too fast. 🙂

I do not want to limit my speed I just want to find out what is the problem with my internet. My speed is very low when I download with Filezilla and I trey to find out where is my problem. I used to have 3.2MB and now my speed went 1.9MB. I have a problem and I cannot find it.

zalmoxis12000 wrote:
I do not want to limit my speed I just want to find out what is the problem with my internet. My speed is very low when I download with Filezilla and I trey to find out where is my problem. I used to have 3.2MB and now my speed went 1.9MB. I have a problem and I cannot find it.

it is most likely due to your ISP, and not your hardware.

I ran some tests and maximum I can get is 32Mbit/s but the ftp is not working faster than 20Mbit/s. Can the ISP limit the speed on my ftp ports? I portforwarded the ports and I still have the same issue.
Any idea what I can do to run at maximum speed as before?

These are the results:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5334430724

Nate152

TheRiwen
Level 7
The ISP can limit ports speed's

I connected my laptop directl;y to my router by cable and the speed seems ok but this pc I connected by cable to the router through Wi-Fi extender Netgear WN2000RPTv3.
I suspect it can be that. I will need a longer UTP cable to try my pc directly to the router or to buy a better wifi extender.

Nate152

Unfortunately doesn`t have and it is on 2.4 GHz. My router is dual band ac and is not a problem. I have to check with the cable first.