cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Purchasing a G751JL-WH71(WX)

sslrranma
Level 7
As the topic says, i am in the market shopping and it's in my price range. From anyone who has this computer, have you run into any problems? I currently have a G73JH and one of my major complaints with it is the video card(Mouse keeps artifacting on dual screen), having to do some major computer things to even attempt to update drivers(Flashing BIOS) and some HDMI sound issues. Does the G751JL have any of these, or worse problems? Anything about the hardware i should know?

http://store.asus.com/us/item/201510AM160007798/A18486

If you can recommnend another computer, this is what i am looking for
Non-ATI Radeon video card
17.3 screen
Good sized HD and 1 Free bay
Price around $1000-$1050
4 REPLIES 4

cdma2k
Level 7
no touch screen, bb model has touch screen

all of Best Buy's models are out of my price range right now. 😕

JustinThyme
Level 13
I haven't seen any other those problems on my G751JL. I dont have the stripped down model though.
One thing to keep in mind is you cant expect stellar dual display performance from a 965M GPU. Hell you cant even expect it from a 980M.
For what it is its a decent machine and will get you about 6500 3Dmarks firestrike score. One HUGE crippling factor to the WX is the dinosaur 5400rpm HDD. They are slow as molasses, especially in a 1TB size. If you go with it that should be the first thing to go and replaced with an SSD.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
I haven't seen any other those problems on my G751JL. I dont have the stripped down model though.
One thing to keep in mind is you cant expect stellar dual display performance from a 965M GPU. Hell you cant even expect it from a 980M.
For what it is its a decent machine and will get you about 6500 3Dmarks firestrike score. One HUGE crippling factor to the WX is the dinosaur 5400rpm HDD. They are slow as molasses, especially in a 1TB size. If you go with it that should be the first thing to go and replaced with an SSD.

Would this one be better than? I hve a 1TB drive already and was hoping to transfer that over.

Edit: Forgot link http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-silver-copper-...