cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to Restore GL752vw from dvd / get restore media ?

DrMick
Level 7
Hi everybody,

My problem is really simple to expose: on a ROG gl752vw, the hard drive were deleted (ssd and hd), with entire partition scheme destroyed.
Thus, how can I do a factory reset, as I don't have access to the hidden partition for recovery ?

Is there any way to download or obtain something like a restoration dvd ?

DrMick
3 REPLIES 3

toronto699
Level 13
The best u can do is install W10 , and ask someone with a GL752VW to upload the Esupport Folder , that has all the original software , or RMA your laptop to asus

dinoshan
Level 7
DrMick wrote:
Hi everybody,

My problem is really simple to expose: on a ROG gl752vw, the hard drive were deleted (ssd and hd), with entire partition scheme destroyed.
Thus, how can I do a factory reset, as I don't have access to the hidden partition for recovery ?

Is there any way to download or obtain something like a restoration dvd ?

DrMick

Did you try partition recovery ? Maybe you can try partition guru to recover your disk.

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but this is what I did on my GL752VW.

After owning the laptop for a few weeks, I attempted to use Macrium Reflect to copy the SSD drive contents from a 128 GB SSD to a 500 GB SSD.

Needless to say, the process was a huge failure, and I eventually gave up on Macrium Reflect in frustration.

Now then, ASUS normally has your OEM key for Windows 10 loaded into the BIOS (or EFI, or however it is called nowadays).

Also, remember that when you ran through the initial setup for your ASUS PC, Windows 10 asked for your Microsoft Account login info, so that your Microsoft Account
would be keyed up to the OEM key on that ASUS PC.

So, knowing that, I went in, and downloaded the Microsoft Windows 10 Media Recovery tool from MS. I ran the program, and loaded the Windows 10 Media on to the
USB disk.

After that, I ran the setup program, and hoped for the best.

What happened is this: The setup took, and ran through the process, accepting the OEM key that automatically loaded from the BIOS, as well as my Microsoft Account
information.

As of right now on this PC, Windows 10 has been running perfectly, with no issues at all.

What you will lose, going through this process, is the ASUS branding within Windows 10, as well as all the preloaded ASUS programs and such. But do not worry,
as a majority of the drivers will be loaded by Windows 10 during setup, as well, you can also download all of the ASUS utility programs from their website.

So honestly, I would try to run a straight up fresh install using the Windows 10 Media Recovery Tool. It worked well for me, and it should work ok for you.