Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New GXXX !!

hmscott
Level 12
Very exciting, amazing scores, and coming soon I hope 🙂

THE FUTURE OF ULTIMATE GAMING LAPTOPS - A GLIMPSE
http://rog.asus.com/23312016/coming-soon/the-future-of-ultimate-gaming-laptops---a-glimpse/

Update: Unknown what GPU configuration is driving this new GXXX laptop. Some SLI 980 scores that closely match the score shown by Asus in their teaser glimpse:

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/3dm11/11108327/3dm11/11241548/3dm11/11108109#

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GX800VG
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Intel Core i7-6820HK (2,700 MHz)
6 REPLIES 6

hmscott
Level 12
Next week we should hear about the GXXX (GX800VG?), but the GX700/701 are getting re-released in the US, and are showing up as pre-order at BH Photo, so far just the GX700

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1251650-REG/asus_gx700vo_vs74k_i7_6820hk_64gb_ddr4_1024gb_17_3...

Asus Press Release

ASUS ROG Announces GX700/701 and GL502
https://www.asus.com/us/News/i1kNp2ji1UgxbYIX
https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GX700VO/

I know much of the rest of the world has been getting the GX700VO already, but we haven't seen them in the US.

hmscott
Level 12
The GX800VG was shown at Computex, here is a partial clip of the presentation, hopefully a full video of the Asus announcements will be posted soon 🙂

hmscott
Level 12
Update: found someone that carried the Asus presentation Live, starts at 30:25, and the GX800VG shows up at 48:10
Asus Republic of Gamers ROG 2016 Computex Keynote Live Stream (Press Conference + Commentary)

45:10 G31 Edition 10 - 2 x 1080 SLI Desktop w/171% scaling
51:10 New Strix 1080

The G75VW I bought is still my favorite layout off any laptop past or present. The keyboard isn't cramped and the space between the number pad is great.
But the real great feature of this laptop is the ability to clean the fans by just removing 2 screws and brushing them with a fine paint brush to get them squeaky clean. I suspect that has a lot to do with why it still runs so well.

The latest "plug-in radiator" is the most asinine thing I have ever seen for a laptop. Did they forget the purpose of a laptop is portability?

Sadly, if they continue creating laptops that make the fan impossible to clean, I will not be buying another.
At a minimum they should be thoroughly cleaned every 2 months. I am not tearing down a laptop to perform routine maintenance.
That is a deal-breaker for me.

MSI/Clevo/Eon all make it easy to clean the fans.
Heck they make everything accessible.
Even on my beloved 75VW changing the WIFI/Bluetooth card was painful, but I don't mind that. It is something you either shouldn't replace or replace once.

I really hope they go back to a design that is maintenance friendly, I really like the hardware and engineering thought that is put into them from a usability standpoint.

wyzerd wrote:
The G75VW I bought is still my favorite layout off any laptop past or present. The keyboard isn't cramped and the space between the number pad is great.
But the real great feature of this laptop is the ability to clean the fans by just removing 2 screws and brushing them with a fine paint brush to get them squeaky clean. I suspect that has a lot to do with why it still runs so well.

The latest "plug-in radiator" is the most asinine thing I have ever seen for a laptop. Did they forget the purpose of a laptop is portability?

Sadly, if they continue creating laptops that make the fan impossible to clean, I will not be buying another.
At a minimum they should be thoroughly cleaned every 2 months. I am not tearing down a laptop to perform routine maintenance.
That is a deal-breaker for me.

MSI/Clevo/Eon all make it easy to clean the fans.
Heck they make everything accessible.
Even on my beloved 75VW changing the WIFI/Bluetooth card was painful, but I don't mind that. It is something you either shouldn't replace or replace once.

I really hope they go back to a design that is maintenance friendly, I really like the hardware and engineering thought that is put into them from a usability standpoint.

Thanks for the feedback, I completely agree with you that user-friendly self-maintenance for the laptop is very important. I'm going to pass the feedback over to our notebook team to review.

Vlada011
Level 10
I will pay attention in future 2017/2018 on specifically ASUS ROG laptops with desktop GeForce and desktop i7K processors.
Little bigger size and heavier is not problem or battery duration.
If Intel launch mainstream 14nm Coffee Lake 6 cores Processors and with desktop GeForce successors of GTX1080 market will maybe to see most powerfull laptops.
For people used on max from some architecture was big negative side gap between mobile and desktop hardware from same architecture.
Special if they plan to play on same resolution on laptop as on desktop. But laptop with desktop CPU and GPU is excellent station for connection with big TV,
Monitors, bluetootn mechanical keyboards, bluetooth mouse, etc...No matter is laptop is thicker, little noisier and similar.
Desktop i7 CPU with default frequency of 3.6GHz easy work on 4.0GHz with very small difference in temperature, or 3.8> 4.2GHz,
and nice GeForce with Powerconsumption 180-190W,
similar to 980/1080 and that could be monster laptop.