cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.1 audio

reconminicon
Level 7
Hi guys. After a lot of playing about I have finally settled for OPTICAL from the FORMULA V to the back of my TX NR525 receiver. So I have just started up MGS V and nothing came out of the surrounds. I loaded up the ROF High Definition Audio application and seen ENVIROMENT was set to NONE so I set it to GENERIC. Loaded up MGS V again and audio came out of the surround but overall the audio had an echo. I am going to play around with the ENVIRONMENT options. But my question is this. Are these options outputting REAL 5.1 or is it just an affect? My receiver is showing DTS now and even when nothing was coming out of the surrounds. I was using HDMI to the receiver sending PCM and I was getting MULTI CHANNEL audio which was great and it seemed to be straight from the game. When I open PLAYBACK DEVICES OPTICAL is default and when testing the SUPPORTED FORMATS tab in PROPERTIES all speakers work even with ENVIRONMENT set to NONE. In the ENHANCEMENTS tab DTS CONNECT is ticked as default. When I was conected via HDMI and I right clicked the TX NR525 in PLAYBACK DEVICES I had a CONFIGURE option. With OPTICAL I do not.

All help and advice will be much appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

smokeintheeye
Level 11
DTS CONNECT over optic dose not work yet in windows 10.

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks

well it does work on my M7F 😉