cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G56J rog laptop problems

slycookie
Level 7
hi guys

so apparently I haven't touched my laptop for 4 months. and so when I decided to touch it again, it couldn't turn on. the screen doesn't light up, the fan doesn't turn on and the backlight of the keyboard doesn't light up. I've tried almost every method of trying to revive this laptop but to no avail. the only thing that appears to be working is the power button. and only the power button is lit up.

I've charged the laptop for a whole day already and tried turning it on but it doesn't work. also tried to remove the battery and plug it in and turn it on and it still doesn't work. removed the back of the case to fit in the ram properly but it didn't work either.

I'm hoping the laptop isn't dead at all as I've only had it for a year? hopefully someone on this forum is able to assist me thank u 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
Try depressing and holding the power button until it goes out then release was 30 seconds and press it again to see if it boots.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

the problem is I can't even turn off the light on the power button. it just lights up and can't be turned off no matter how long I press down on it. the only way to turn it off is by removing the battery lmao