Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array qwertz PC Specs
    qwertz PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V
    Processor5930k @ 4.6
    Storage #1500gb evo 850 raid0

Mazbe it usb related, what if put pc to sleep and before it goes unplug all from pc , monitor , usb etc?
    And see if it auto restart.

ROG Member Array

I also would like the chime in with these hard restarts. recently Iv'e also been getting the windows "Your win10 pc has encountered an error, we will restart for you" on the first boot after a hard-commanded restart. I also get that windows error the first time I turn my computer on after an extended period of being off (hours).

ROG Member Array lewax00 PC Specs
    lewax00 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 5930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 8x8GB CMK64GX4M8A2133C13
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    Graphics Card #3EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q ROG Swift
    Storage #12x Intel 730 Series 480 GB (RAID 1)
    Storage #24x3TB (RAID 10) Custom NAS
    CPU CoolerEK-FB ASUS R5E Monoblock
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair Sabre Laser RGB
    Headset Turtle Beach PX22
    Mouse Pad Corsair Gaming MM600
    Headset/Speakers Turtle Beach PX22
    OS Windows 8.1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC68U
    Accessory #1 Custom Water Loop
    Accessory #2 EVGA Pro SLI Bridge V2 3-Way
    Accessory #3 Acrylic Clear Side Panel Case Mod

I am also getting these, multiple times per day, on various 3xxx versions. It's getting difficult to do anything on my computer, since it just shuts off randomly, and I don't want to try and do anything more than browse the web when it'll just dump whatever I'm working on or playing. (And on occasion, the Windows boot configuration gets screwed up during these resets, which means I have to waste even more time going into the recovery tool and fixing that...)

I tried to revert to the latest 2xxx version, but it screwed up my RAID and I had to reinstall Windows from scratch (didn't lose any data, since I was able to copy everything off with recovery tools first, fortunately). And for some reason I can't seem to boot Windows 10 in 2xxx versions (it just BSODs on boot), so I'm stuck on 3xxx versions. But right now, that means I'm on a fresh install of Windows, all default BIOS settings (except switching the first hard SATA controller to RAID mode), and it's STILL happening. (Luckily the boot config hasn't gotten messed up since the reinstall...so maybe that part was fixed.)

Any chance I can get this beta BIOS? My computer is pretty much useless until I get the update anyways, so I'm more than happy to help test it. (I mean...it can't get much worse.) Or a release date would be good, at least I've have some idea of when I can have some hope of having a useable computer again...I'd love to be playing Civ VI right now, but no chance with my computer in its current state...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array qwertz PC Specs
    qwertz PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V
    Processor5930k @ 4.6
    Storage #1500gb evo 850 raid0

Quote Originally Posted by lewax00 View Post
    I am also getting these, multiple times per day, on various 3xxx versions. It's getting difficult to do anything on my computer, since it just shuts off randomly, and I don't want to try and do anything more than browse the web when it'll just dump whatever I'm working on or playing. (And on occasion, the Windows boot configuration gets screwed up during these resets, which means I have to waste even more time going into the recovery tool and fixing that...)

I tried to revert to the latest 2xxx version, but it screwed up my RAID and I had to reinstall Windows from scratch (didn't lose any data, since I was able to copy everything off with recovery tools first, fortunately). And for some reason I can't seem to boot Windows 10 in 2xxx versions (it just BSODs on boot), so I'm stuck on 3xxx versions. But right now, that means I'm on a fresh install of Windows, all default BIOS settings (except switching the first hard SATA controller to RAID mode), and it's STILL happening. (Luckily the boot config hasn't gotten messed up since the reinstall...so maybe that part was fixed.)

Any chance I can get this beta BIOS? My computer is pretty much useless until I get the update anyways, so I'm more than happy to help test it. (I mean...it can't get much worse.) Or a release date would be good, at least I've have some idea of when I can have some hope of having a useable computer again...I'd love to be playing Civ VI right now, but no chance with my computer in its current state...

Was offered the beta bios by pm and wanted to dl it but the link from asus sadly was broken at the time.

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navig...75E2DB43B49E1Y Thats the link
    I would use caution with those bioses , beacause forum is bugged and slow, drivers are broken or bugged , bios has problems etc.
    Hopefully all those software issues and more get fixed with time, otherwise company is losing its reputation too much. Best for product quality if more/better programmers and less marketing or ad desingers, But for near future profits , sure marketing is the way to go ultil company starts to lose reputition and no lie is strong enough. lol
    Last edited by qwertz; 10-22-2016 at 10:23 AM.

lewax00 PC Specs
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    OS Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    Was offered the beta bios by pm and wanted to dl it but the link from asus sadly was broken at the time.

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navig...75E2DB43B49E1Y Thats the link
    I would use caution with those bioses , beacause forum is bugged and slow, drivers are broken or bugged , bios has problems etc.
    Hopefully all those software issues and more get fixed with time, otherwise company is losing its reputation too much. Best for product quality if more/better programmers and less marketing or ad desingers, But for near future profits , sure marketing is the way to go ultil company starts to lose reputition and no lie is strong enough. lol
    Thanks. I'll try that and see if it fixes the problem later this weekend.

ROG Member Array where_exactly PC Specs
    where_exactly PC Specs
    MotherboardRAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1
    ProcessorIntel I-7 6800K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance® LPX Memorykit 16 GB CMK16GX4M2A2133C13
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX970 GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 Strix
    CPU CoolerFan COOLERMASTER HYPER 212 Evo
    Power SupplyFSP Fortron Everest 80Plus 800
    OS Windows 7 Profesional

Did someone noticed that the slow mode switch is on mainboard down - ON and up -OFF but in Manual they said down is Disabled and up is Enabled

ROG Member Array Spoons PC Specs
    Spoons PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme Omega
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900X@5.1
    Memory (part number)corsair dominator 16gb cas 16 3800
    Graphics Card #1RTX2080 ti
    Monitorvg278qe
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO 512GB M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 970 pro 512gb m.2
    CPU Coolercustomloop
    Case750d
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600I
    Keyboard Quickfire Rapid
    Mouse g pro
    OS Win 10 X 64

Quote Originally Posted by lewax00 View Post

multi restarts are to with ur bios settings not the board I don't get any its not the board

ROG Member Array Spoons PC Specs
    Spoons PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme Omega
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900X@5.1
    Memory (part number)corsair dominator 16gb cas 16 3800
    Graphics Card #1RTX2080 ti
    Monitorvg278qe
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO 512GB M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 970 pro 512gb m.2
    CPU Coolercustomloop
    Case750d
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600I
    Keyboard Quickfire Rapid
    Mouse g pro
    OS Win 10 X 64

Also people don't like to share on ere so no 1 has a place to start (big heads keep it to them selfs) I'm the best poo, if u share then we can see wats up .
    not this crap about u have to work it out ur self pls help others .... ill wait now for some1 to tell me diff an how I'm so nub thx Spoons

lewax00 PC Specs
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    OS Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    multi restarts are to with ur bios settings not the board I don't get any its not the board
    I guess you missed the part where I'm running default settings. If the defaults cause crashes, it's still a problem with the BIOS since that's what decides the defaults.

And just because you aren't experiencing them doesn't mean it's not the board, there's a whole thread here with other people having the exact same issue. Additionally, we aren't running the same hardware, so it could be caused by an interaction between other hardware and the board.

So that aside, I went all of yesterday without crashing on the beta BIOS. There's hope.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Power Settings

I've confirmed that the problem is not related to the power settings mentioned earlier, since with all 3 values (Power Off, Power On, Last State) I experienced restarts.

More and more I'm convinced this has something to do with shoddy management of the S3 suspend/resume cycle. On occasion, the computer fails to completely wake from S3 suspend, hanging on a black screen although everything seems to have powered up. This happens on both Linux and Windows, which rules out the software being the culprit.

I've also found a pattern: the more time the computer (accumulatively) spends in S3 sleep mode, the higher the chances of an unexpected restart.

Hopefully someone from ASUS can chime in (not very hopeful on that)...

Cheers...

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast