MonitorAsus PB278Q
    Storage #1Asus RAIDR Express PCIe SSD 240G
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12S
    CaseCoolermaster Silencio 652S
    Power SupplyCoolermaster G650M
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterAsus DSL-N17U

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaitsyrk View Post
    In that case, how can we obtain 0044 bios?
    Look here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post613536

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by bgen5pax View Post
    Thanks, I guess I missed it in this thread.

Does it work well for you? Also, is this a custom BIOS?

ROG Member Array

TheNaitsyrk that reply is a joke they say that this isn't a known issue but refuse to acknowledge the load of people with this problem and refuse to go and have a look at this thread unreal

ROG Enthusiast Array mirkoj PC Specs
    mirkoj PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme
    Processor5960X; 5930k; 3930k
    Memory (part number)64GB RAM on each comp
    Graphics Card #1Asus TitanX; EVGA Titan SC; Gainward 970
    Graphics Card #2Asus TitanX; EVGA Titan SC; Gainward 970
    Graphics Card #3Asus TitanX; EVGA Titan SC; Gainward 970
    Graphics Card #4Asus TitanX; EVGA Titan SC; Gainward 970
    Monitor3x Asus PA328q; 3xDell U2713HM
    Storage #1Synology 1813+: 4x1TB WD RE4 in raid10, 4xWD RED 3TB in raid10
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i; Corsair H110iGT; Corsair H110i
    CaseCorsair 900D; Corsair 770D; Corsair 800D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i; SuperFlower1600; Thermaltake 1500
    Mouse Logitech MX Master
    Headset Astra A50
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z5500
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC5300

Also getting random restarts on both rampage v extreme and 3.1 version. I've lost 3 days of work tryin to figure out what is going on.
    Finally found this thread after replacing ram and reinstalling wind 10 completely on one of the computers....
    Good thing is that I'm not going crazy and being only one. bad thing is.. man asus flagship board and having these issues???
    I managed to flash down back to 2101 as someone suggested around thread so will see now what happened... that flashing also had some issues, was getting codes 79 and 70 couple times restarted itself before it finally booted so.. will see what happens next.. one thing is sure is that I will really consider what will be my next flagship motherboard...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tattie View Post
    TheNaitsyrk that reply is a joke they say that this isn't a known issue but refuse to acknowledge the load of people with this problem and refuse to go and have a look at this thread unreal
    Indeed. I left a complaint on their website. It was sent directly to them, I'll post a reply once I get it.

ROG Enthusiast Array mirkoj PC Specs
    mirkoj PC Specs
    Processor5960X; 5930k; 3930k
    Memory (part number)64GB RAM on each comp
    Graphics Card #1Asus TitanX; EVGA Titan SC; Gainward 970
    Graphics Card #2Asus TitanX; EVGA Titan SC; Gainward 970
    Graphics Card #3Asus TitanX; EVGA Titan SC; Gainward 970
    Graphics Card #4Asus TitanX; EVGA Titan SC; Gainward 970
    Monitor3x Asus PA328q; 3xDell U2713HM
    Storage #1Synology 1813+: 4x1TB WD RE4 in raid10, 4xWD RED 3TB in raid10
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i; Corsair H110iGT; Corsair H110i
    CaseCorsair 900D; Corsair 770D; Corsair 800D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i; SuperFlower1600; Thermaltake 1500
    Mouse Logitech MX Master
    Headset Astra A50
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z5500
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC5300

And seems to be sorted out here... with old bios
    2101 version on older rampage v extreme
    2001 on rampage v extreme 3.1 (there isn't 2101 on support for this one.. weird.. anyway)

So far they are not resetting and working their job for over a day now so will probably just stick to this.
    But as well I've lost 3 days, being late on 2 jobs now so... bad experience...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mirkoj View Post
    And seems to be sorted out here... with old bios
    2101 version on older rampage v extreme
    2001 on rampage v extreme 3.1 (there isn't 2101 on support for this one.. weird.. anyway)

So far they are not resetting and working their job for over a day now so will probably just stick to this.
    But as well I've lost 3 days, being late on 2 jobs now so... bad experience...
    This is the reply I got from the complaint:

Thank you for contacting Asus, my name is ... and I will try my best to assist you with your situation.
    Please feel free to rate our service according to the solution provided in the questionnaire that will be sent to you shortly after our reply to your inquiry.
    We are extremely sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1.

Based on the provided information I understand that the system restarts by itself. Please note that the ROG forums are separate from the ASUS Technical Support department.

They have their own moderators handling the forums. Technical Support for ASUS UK is not offered via forum posts.

I'm afraid ASUS treats each case individually and every hardware system is different and can behave differentely even with the same BIOS version.

As my colleague also mentioned on Chat, BIOS updates are not recommended if there is nothing wrong with the system and if it is working properly.

Indeed in some cases BIOS updates can cause some issues when it tries to fix others. That is simply due to the sheer number of possible hardware configurations and potential compatibility issues.

On the same forum you mentioned, there are users who are not having issues with the 3xxx BIOS versions.

Please understand that we are the ASUS UK Technical Support department. People on forums are from all over the world and I'm afraid I cannot know where and how or why some people received an untested, unofficial Beta BIOS version.

I'm afraid that is not something we can provide however the development of drivers and BIOS is an ongoing process and as such when newer versions will be made available, they will be posted on the official ASUS support page. I apologize for the inconvenience. BIOS versions are official only when posted on the ASUS support page specific to the product.

In your case the latest BIOS version is 3301 however considering you have a 6800K CPU, the latest BIOS version you require is version 3101, no necessarily 3301. Users should keep the BIOS version that provides their particular system the best stability under whatever settings they use, either default or overclocking, underclocking etc. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I would recommend enabling your XMP profiles to see how the system behaves with them. I would also recommend trying a different RAM kit, again at XMP.

From the BIOS - Advanced - APM - set ErP Ready on Enabled S4+S5 or Enabled S5 and test your system. Let me know if that makes a difference and whatever else you tried in the meantime. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.

They literally repeated themselves. Over and over again...

If lots of people are having issues why not release a BIOS update for people who are facing those issues?

"If its not broken, don't fix it" - it was "broken" right from the start.

I tried all the supported BIOSES as mentioned during chat but I guess they convinuently removed that fact from their thought process.

They also think that I never enabled XMP. I indeed have, and with same results. I simply decided to keep it at default for now.
    Well, it was my first and LAST time buying an ASUS product. I guess I have to live with restarts, or I'll simply sell the motherboard but I doubt anyone will buy it.
    Last edited by TheNaitsyrk; 12-02-2016 at 01:49 PM.

ROG Member Array bgen5pax PC Specs
    bgen5pax PC Specs
    Processori7 5960X
    Memory (part number)32GB (4x8) Crucial Ballistix DDR4-2400
    Graphics Card #1Asus Matrix GTX980-P-4GD5
    MonitorAsus PB278Q
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12S
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

0044 BIOS or 2101 are rock solid. All 3xxx are problematic at least on my board.
    I'm running on 0044 for over a month with AND without XMP and I had no issues whatsoever. I recommend anyone with stability issues to try 0044 or 2101.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by bgen5pax View Post
    0044 BIOS or 2101 are rock solid. All 3xxx are problematic at least on my board.
    I'm running on 0044 for over a month with AND without XMP and I had no issues whatsoever. I recommend anyone with stability issues to try 0044 or 2101.
    Do you have a source of this 0044 BIOS? I'm just curious who made it. I know it's custom though.*

ROG Member Array bgen5pax PC Specs
    bgen5pax PC Specs
    Processori7 5960X
    Memory (part number)32GB (4x8) Crucial Ballistix DDR4-2400
    Graphics Card #1Asus Matrix GTX980-P-4GD5
    MonitorAsus PB278Q
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12S
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaitsyrk View Post
    Do you have a source of this 0044 BIOS? I'm just curious who made it. I know it's custom though.*
    ASUS I presume. It was sent by PM to the original poster from ASUS engineering staff. Follow what user jekidwell said throughout this thread starting with the link below.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post607433

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast