cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog g46vw max upgrades!!!

metinemre
Level 7
Hi everyone

I can`t tell you how much i love the stealth fighter designed chasis and the cooling, silent fans etc of my g46 it is amazing. I checked aorus x3+ but darn thing was way too noisy, flimsy and hot under my fingers.

Since it is 2016 now, every thread i read is either from 2013 and 2014 and people upgraded their laptops at that time.

But now is it worth to upgrade a g46vw ?
I can spend around $500 to upgrade screen to 1080, ram to 16, ssd instead of hdd and a corei7.
But i can not upgrade the nvidia gtx660m
so just because i can`t upgrade the gpu would all my upgrades be wasted in a year due to new games asking for better and faster graphics card?

what`s your suggestion?
Is it too late and unnecessary to invest on upgrades and better to buy a new 2015-12016 laptop and move on?
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well it sound to me like what you want is a new G752, Notebooks are not upgradeable much at all, maybe an SSD more RAM that's about it. The G46 were pretty small and Asus hasn't put out another 14" in gaming format that I know of.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Well it sound to me like what you want is a new G752, Notebooks are not upgradeable much at all, maybe an SSD more RAM that's about it. The G46 were pretty small and Asus hasn't put out another 14" in gaming format that I know of.

I would definitely get the new g752 if it was portable and lighter. I had the g750jx for 18 months and it was so heavy to move around, to carry it back and forth to work-home it was even bad inside the house or the office. So i decided to purchase a g20 desktop for my house and a g46 to carry around.
Very happy with my g20 desktop instead of a desktop replacement heavy laptop.
I don`t know why asus doesn`t make a new 14`` a new g46 model.