cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charger magic problem with ASUS ROG G750JW, normal plugged in but slower on battery?

ASUSMASUS
Level 7
Hello

I have brought ASUS ROG G750JW and i have very strange problem with it:

The matter is that when i plug charger laptop does everything as should and when i unplug it everything goes slow.
I am sure, because i have one video editing program and it renders video (with plugged charger) in about 35 seconds and the same video in same situation,but
NOT PLUGGED in 2.5 minutes.
It's strange but it's true.It is also hard to believe,but it does so,i am sure 100%

Please, if somebody knows solution tell me what to do.

Thank's for advance.
2 REPLIES 2

warryabel
Level 7
do you ever hear that a cpu slow down on battery? why...? lol no magic but design

JustinThyme
Level 13
by design and at default settings this is exactly how its supposed to behave. The CPU is throttled to conserve battery.
You can change this if you want.
Control panel>Power Oprtions>Show additional plan settings>select high performance>Change plan settings>Change advanced power settings>Scroll down to processor power management>Expand......Then choose your minimum processor state and maximum processor states as desired.

Caveat, your battery run time will be diminished. Its pretty much a given that high performance laptops are not meant to crunch algorithms or run resource intensive apps and games while on battery. Want to watch a movie, do some word processing, browse the web, no problem. Want to play Witcher 3 or GTAV break out the power brick and expect that at some times that the power brick is not even enough and it will take power from batteries at short intervals.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein