cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752VW black screen

Reitun
Level 7
I just got this notebook today, I did all the windows set up and used it for about 5 minutes and it worked perfectly, then I closed it (without turning it off) and when I opened it was turned off, I tried turning it on and right after entering my password the screen flickered and the notebook rebooted. Now the power light is on and the battery light is blincking green, I can hear the fans working and the optical drive makes some noise and works aswell but all I get is a black screen. The keyboard doesn't seem to be working either as there is no backlight and the caps lock indicator is always on. If I press the power button for 4 seconds it restarts but I get the same results. There is no way to turn it off because it just resets everytime I press the power button and when I plug in the charger the battery light is still blinking green, not orange like it should be.
1 REPLY 1

foxfirej2
Level 7
I had this same issue, and it came down to the video card drivers for the Intel 530. What I had to do to fix this was a bit ridiculous, but it worked.

First, hook the computer up to a second monitor via HDMI. Once this happens, both screens will wake up, and you will have full access to the computer.

You then have two options.... Either roll back to the 4300 driver for the 530, or do a full blown reinstall, where Windows 10 will install the 4300 driver.

Whatever you do, do not install the latest version of the 530 driver. This is what caused the black screen issue for me, and after I reinstalled the OS a few times,
I was able to nail it down to the updated 530 driver.

Since running the system with the 4300 driver, it appears the computer is responding normally from sleep, and is not giving me a black screen.