cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Event 41

SoloWingPixy
Level 7
Hello,

I have been getting abrupt computer restarts since mid-December 2015 with a Kernel Event 41 error. This issue only occurs during high loads in games where there are huge battles. Additionally at the same time the crash occured this message is displayed on the event viewer:

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2

People say that the way to fix this is to enable Automatic on the Windows Driver Foundation, but that did not help. In addition people also suggested to run driver verifier and that for every BSOD caused by it I should fix the driver. I have done so and fixed every single driver error possible and the Driver Verifier no longer causes a BSOD when running the computer normally.

But then agian Kernel event 41 occurs with the same message:

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2

Now here is where it gets interesting:

I decided to run MSI Kombuster to test graphics and when I began the test, 3 seconds later Kernel 41 occured again. Now I'm starting to think if the PSU is the problem here if it is not able to handle high loads because from my knowledge Kernel Event 41 occurs in high load situations and that I only crash during huge battles in games.

But I'm still not sure, so is the PSU my problem here?

Specs seen near my name.
3 REPLIES 3

BR3W3R
Level 7
I had this issue with a few pcs it ended up being a corrupt windows system file or driver and a clean install fixed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Nate152
Hello SoloWingPixy

I'll lean towards the psu too with the symptoms you have, slight chance it could be the gpu?

I get Event 41 from failed overclocks. 🙂

The WUDFRd Event is something to do with an asus program such as ai suite, it's harmless and you can ignore it.

Pandur
Level 10
Have you done a clean install of Windows or is this a dirty upgraded version? I've seen similar problems when you upgrade from W7 to W10 for example. But your PSU is also a very good candidate, do you have another one available to test with?
Asus ROG G55VW:
CPU: i7 3630QM
GFX: Geforce GTX660M with 2GB ram
RAM: 2x8Gb 2133MHz Kingston HyperX Impact (surprisingly the G55VW uses the 2133 X.M.P. profile)
Storage: RAID0 with 2x 256Gb Crucial SSDs (both msata, one in a sata adapter)