New ROGer Array

G20-CB Not Recognizing 802.11ac networks - solved?

I have my new g20-cb working like a charm, love it. I am noticing horrid lag on Overwatch tho so I started poking around and learned that my rig is reconizing my network at a 802.11n WiFi network. I updated Drivers from Asus and the Bios to the latest versions hoping this would fix the problem. Sadly, it did not. I then got my laptop out to ensure that it wasn't my router causing the issue, and my laptop showed the connection/network as 802.11ac. So it appears the problem lies with the G20-CB. Anyone have this problem? Anyone got a fix beyond what i've already tried? I'm stumped here and would really love to get my ping down on overwatch and other games. Lastly, hardware is not an option. PC and Router are on different floors of the Apt.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by geekrocker View Post
    I have my new g20-cb working like a charm, love it. I am noticing horrid lag on Overwatch tho so I started poking around and learned that my rig is reconizing my network at a 802.11n WiFi network. I updated Drivers from Asus and the Bios to the latest versions hoping this would fix the problem. Sadly, it did not. I then got my laptop out to ensure that it wasn't my router causing the issue, and my laptop showed the connection/network as 802.11ac. So it appears the problem lies with the G20-CB. Anyone have this problem? Anyone got a fix beyond what i've already tried? I'm stumped here and would really love to get my ping down on overwatch and other games. Lastly, hardware is not an option. PC and Router are on different floors of the Apt.
    I had this exact same problem, and I got it fixed by updating the drivers through device manager and letting Windows update it

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear345 View Post
    I had this exact same problem, and I got it fixed by updating the drivers through device manager and letting Windows update it
    I actually tried that in the advanced settings, and it didn't work. BUT after reading your quote, tried it just in Device Manager, and it updated and is now registering as an AC network! THANK YOU! Hopefully this will help my ping in Overwatch now.

New ROGer Array

Havent had an issue with AC but even with 120mb speedtest Overwatch was unplayable. Read a lot of forums and a few said to delete gamefirst. I had it disabled so didnt think it would make a difference but I deleted it and have not had a issue since.