New ROGer Array

Exclamation ASUS ROG G20AJ HD Failed

Well after just 1.5 year the HD which was installed in the desktop broke down finally after one night. SInce my warranty is expired, I decided to open up the computer to replace my HD. It is a brand new HD so I thought I should format it first and I did it with a laptop and an external drive enclosure. After that I put the HD in, It keeps going into BIOS, it recognizes the HD but wont go to windows installation screen. Do I have to do something about the HD? Oh I also tried flashing the BIOS (removed the jumper for awhile)
    I hate that the computer didn't include a disc.. so frustrated to install something when the HD was fried. SO how am I going to reinstall my windows 8.1 without a disc without the original HD?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Make sure you turn off Secure Boot to let it boot from USB or DVD..
    Computers haven't come with "a disc" in ages, did you make a recovery USB stick at any point in the last 1.5 years? that would have been your recovery media.
    If you want a factory fresh build you can also buy the recovery media from Asus, or as you've found you can roll your own.