cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make it your own: The ASUS 3D Printing Project

Bahz
Level 12
ASUS welcomes a new era of PC customization by being the first motherboard brand to support 3D-printable parts, an initiative that allows hobbyists, enthusiasts and modders to add unique modifications to their ROG Strix X99 Gaming and ROG Rampage V Edition 10 motherboards. These boards feature easily swappable parts, enabling passionate DIYers to design and 3D-print their own replacement name plates and logos in a variety of colors and materials to match their themed builds. This exciting development brings a whole new world of personalization to the DIY PC experience.

Download Now - free source files

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - Cable Cover
Function: Cover cables from power supply connector and RGB strips
How to fix: Use standoff on the motherboards chassis mounting holes
Direct Link

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - I/O cover
Function: Personalized your motherboard
How to fix: Use standoff on the motherboards chassis mounting holes
Direct Link

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - M.2 fan holder
Function: 40x40mm fan holder to cool down the M.2 surface area
How to fix: Use standoffs over 6.5mm in height to attach the fan mount to the motherboard
Direct Link

Cable combs
Function: 24pins for a neater cable management
How to fix: Clip the cable in the cable comb
Direct Link

SLI bridge cover
Function: 3-way SLI HB bridge customization
How to fix: Clip the cover on the SLI bridge (glue or tape isn't needed)
Direct Link

ROG Rampage V Edition 10 - ROG logo
Limitation: We recommend to not use metal materials as it too thick to be able to clip it on
How to fix: Clip it on
Direct link

ROG Strix X99 Gaming – ROG logo on PCH cover
No limitations
How to fix: Double sided tape
Direct Link

ROG Strix X99 Gaming – Strix logo on I/O cover
No limitations
Direct Download

ROG Strix X99 Gaming - Name Plate
No limitations
Direct Download

TUF Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1- Original TUF badge
Suggest not to use FDM technology
Direct Download

For more pictures, and info, click here.
88 REPLIES 88

Nate152
Hi Bahz

Wow that is cool !

This is the first I've heard of this, I'm looking forward to seeing more for sure. 🙂

I like the black rampage v edition 10.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Bahz

Wow that is cool !

This is the first I've heard of this, I'm looking forward to seeing more for sure. 🙂

I like the black rampage v edition 10.

This is super interesting, I'm glad to hear that you're excited for this as well 🙂

Bahz
Level 12
Have you guys thought about what kind of design you would put on your motherboard? Would be awesome if we can have everyone share their vision of the perfect custom design for their motherboard.

Bahz wrote:
Have you guys thought about what kind of design you would put on your motherboard? Would be awesome if we can have everyone share their vision of the perfect custom design for their motherboard.

I would love to see some automotive design themes integrated into motherboard aesthetics.

Pagani

Rolls Royce

Lamborghini

Alfa Romeo

Not exactly ROG's techno-Mayan aesthetic, but cool none the less. I guess I could come up with some hand sketches.

This would also work really well with water cooling... speaking of which... I would love to see motherboard pieces that aesthetically integrate with watercooling components. By this I mean if I put a full cover block on my HEDT mobo, I don't have to loose the aesthetic appeal of the board because I can have a shroud made that fits around the monoblock. This is something I emailed JJ about a couple months ago.

Other random ideas:
- Yes to GPU supports
- Yes to LED plates (IE LED shines through and displays a graphic)
- Partnerships with game devs (license the use of their brand/character images)
- Cover for headers on the bottom of the mobo
- Support for desktop and HEDT boards
- Publish color codes for ROG colors (IE the colors on your products)
- "Empty" ram sticks for those that only have 2/4 or 2/8, 4/8, etc RAM slots populated
- Focus on boards without a shroud (mATX never gets a shroud from the factory)
- Angled GPU holders
- Bracket/support for M.2 heatsinks (brace against gravity)
- Giant CPU cooler brace (below CPU socket as part of shroud)
- "Mount points" for 3D printed pieces on mobos out of the factory (make official designs more user friendly to those less technically inclined)

IMO a community feedback/outreach push, then a review period and then formal PR would probably be the best path Maybe a toolkit down the line and even further a dedicated website with a database of designs (official and unofficial)

AMP_US wrote:
I would love to see some automotive design themes integrated into motherboard aesthetics.

Pagani

Rolls Royce

Lamborghini

Alfa Romeo

Not exactly ROG's techno-Mayan aesthetic, but cool none the less. I guess I could come up with some hand sketches.

This would also work really well with water cooling... speaking of which... I would love to see motherboard pieces that aesthetically integrate with watercooling components. By this I mean if I put a full cover block on my HEDT mobo, I don't have to loose the aesthetic appeal of the board because I can have a shroud made that fits around the monoblock. This is something I emailed JJ about a couple months ago.

Other random ideas:
- Yes to GPU supports
- Yes to LED plates (IE LED shines through and displays a graphic)
- Partnerships with game devs (license the use of their brand/character images)
- Cover for headers on the bottom of the mobo
- Support for desktop and HEDT boards
- Publish color codes for ROG colors (IE the colors on your products)
- "Empty" ram sticks for those that only have 2/4 or 2/8, 4/8, etc RAM slots populated
- Focus on boards without a shroud (mATX never gets a shroud from the factory)
- Angled GPU holders
- Bracket/support for M.2 heatsinks (brace against gravity)
- Giant CPU cooler brace (below CPU socket as part of shroud)
- "Mount points" for 3D printed pieces on mobos out of the factory (make official designs more user friendly to those less technically inclined)

IMO a community feedback/outreach push, then a review period and then formal PR would probably be the best path Maybe a toolkit down the line and even further a dedicated website with a database of designs (official and unofficial)

It feels like I'm hearing this from someone that's from the future 🙂

Awesome ideas, but since this project is just starting out I think it would be a little difficult to incorporate the ideas you suggested but for sure I'll pass them on to the correct team. I would really love to have a motherboard that looks like a really cool car engine. 😄

Thanks for the wonderful feedback!

When the files will download ? 😉

While I don't own a 3d printer myself, I looked for a shop to do that for me, so that'll be great

I especially love how some hide the cables
Having a clean look is why I opted for a board with armor in the first place

These additional parts could add quite something

Personally I think I would try to have some of the bigger parts with a ROG logo "cut out" so I could put some plexi under it n give it some rgb led touch
Depends on the 3d printers quality I guess

Peter2k wrote:
While I don't own a 3d printer myself, I looked for a shop to do that for me, so that'll be great

I especially love how some hide the cables
Having a clean look is why I opted for a board with armor in the first place

These additional parts could add quite something

Personally I think I would try to have some of the bigger parts with a ROG logo "cut out" so I could put some plexi under it n give it some rgb led touch
Depends on the 3d printers quality I guess

There are a lot of great 3D printing services like Shapeways

We expect majority to go with the 3D printing services as that way you're assured a certain level of quality and it won't take an abundance of time to learn all about 3D printing.

We'll definitely have more and more designs available and looks like some of the other designs will have bigger ROG logo