cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY: left fan is hot as hell

k1ng440
Level 7
i cant use this laptop on lap because its get really hot on near the audio ports and left fan,

5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
There is a known issue to some with the audio jack getting hot. Use the search feature and it will lead you to what to do about it.

Left Fan is the CPU area.

This machine wasn't really meant to be used on your lap, nor would I use it on my lap or any non hard surface. Its not actually classified as a laptop, its a notebook.
Nothing personal brother but you seem to be quite new to the world of high power portable machines. They all have short battery run time and they all heat up to some extent and should not be placed on your lap, bed, sofa, etc unless you use a hard device such as a cooling pad.http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-NotePal-Ultra-Slim-R9-NBC-XSLI-GP/dp/B005C31HC0?ie=UTF8&tag=lapt...

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

karl6774
Level 7
from what tells your program, I understand that the temperature at 66 ° is not the current one, but a maximum peak reached using the pc, and indeed above it says Max tries to use instead AIDA64

k1ng440
Level 7
Hey,
Yes i am new to high power portable machines. i am a desktop guy.

about an hour ago i have received Hover X+ LapDesk

k1ng440
Level 7
Hover X+ lapdesk is way too heavy. can you guys suggest anything else?

k1ng440 wrote:
Hover X+ lapdesk is way too heavy. can you guys suggest anything else?

This is what I use: It fits the G752 perfectly (have been using it since the G750 series) with ample space for a mouse. I know that this isn't a one that has holes beneath to promote airflow, but it is pretty good at what it does.

The legs can be folded to use it on a lap, but the result can vary. I find it okay to use it that way, but some might find it uncomfortable. Also the desk can be tilted in 3 angles.