cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Adaptive Mode properly implemented when overclocking with Asus X99 series?

pam007
Level 7
Full disclosure, I have a MSI X99 series motherboard and it very much looks like Adaptive Mode does not work when the CPU is overclocked. At least it didn't work with my board, and I can't get any answers from MSI concerning this issue.

This is a deal breaker with me because I do not want a high core voltage going through the CPU all the time while downclocking (speedstepping) at idle or at less than 5% workload.

Can people here confirm that Adaptive Mode actually will work properly when overclocking the CPU with Asus X99 series motherboards?
8 REPLIES 8

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, adaptive works fine....for vcore at least.

Make sure you have c-states enabled and make sure windows power plan is not set to 100% for "minimum processor speed"

As far as I know adaptive for cache voltage does not work on any board.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:

As far as I know adaptive for cache voltage does not work on any board.

That kind of explains why adaptive mode does not work on an MSI board. The core and cache voltage modes are all one setting.

thanks for the replies.

the new ASUS ROG STRIX X99 looks very attractive.

GoNz0-
Level 10
No it doesn't work fully as adaptive cache is broke and Asus say it is intel's fault, intel say it is Asus's fault. due to the sheite Asus support I would go with Intel's answer on the cache. I would run a mile from Asus as they offer NO support whatsoever, you can see this by the last time an official Asus rep posted in here

GoNz0- wrote:
No it doesn't work fully as adaptive cache is broke and Asus say it is intel's fault, intel say it is Asus's fault. due to the sheite Asus support I would go with Intel's answer on the cache. I would run a mile from Asus as they offer NO support whatsoever, you can see this by the last time an official Asus rep posted in here

Hello

Intel has never stated the non-functioning adaptive voltage mode for cache when the cache is clocked outside of specs is the fault of any motherboard manufacturer. Your constant whining and baseless accusations have now come to an end. If it were me I would weigh my response to this post and the content/tone of any future posts very carefully.

Qwinn
Level 11
Gonzo,

I think the fact that no other manufacturers have gotten adaptive cache to work either gives Asus credibility that it's Intel's fault and not theirs.

Raja
Level 13
GoNz0- wrote:

Gonzo has been moved to the moderated users group by me. Profanity of any kind is not tolerated.