cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Asus G75VW Build With Mods (Pics Included)

0neWinged
Level 9
So I have browsed the threads more times than I can count and wanted to finally share my accomplishments as of so far. I managed to pick up a G75VW for $400!
It was cosmetically in pretty good shape. Only true flaw is the rubber on the left mouse button has a bubble, which is common from use. Only hardware flaws were
the 500GB 5200rpm HDD, 8GB ram and the DVD burner was toast. Other than that it ran great.
This was my first gaming laptop, so I decided to put a little money into it. So here is what I have so far..

Asus ROG G75VW with carbon fiber vinyl wrapped and custom chrome stickers (wrapped correctly, not just pre cut stick ons)
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 - 3610qm (Eventually will upgrade to 3840QM) (Not my #1 priority) (Still too costly $$$)
Nvidia GTX 660m 2GB (Will be upgrading to GTX 780M here shortly) (My #1 priority) ($200 upgrade for card and full heatsink)
32gb ram 1600 g.skill rip jaws ($120 upgrade)
256gb Sata III Intel 535 SSD ($62 upgrade)
1TB WD 7200rpm HDD (free.. Had an extra laying around)
Pioneer Blu-Ray burner ($50 upgrade)
Intel 7260 dual band 802.11ac WIFI + BT 4.0 ($20 upgrade)
Cooling fan mod ($4 upgrade.. just had to buy o-rings) (Runs 12°c-15°c cooler)
Red keyboard backlight mod ($4 upgrade.. just had to buy red cellophane)

So my next accomplishment will be the installing of the GTX 780m. I know I know, most are like whaaah.. thats impossible. Well, nothing is impossible.
With some chassis modifications, some heatsink modifications, flashing modified system bios with custom 780m vbios and customs graphics drivers.. it very well should
boot this card. Ill have updates within the next couple of weeks on if this is successful. Im fairly confident it will be a success.

Here is what it looks like as of now!
18 REPLIES 18

Dreamonic
Level 12
That looks really good! Your mods were tastefully chosen and done very well!

It's going to be epic with that 780M upgrade!

Dreamonic wrote:
That looks really good! Your mods were tastefully chosen and done very well!

It's going to be epic with that 780M upgrade!

Thanks Dreamonic! Im pretty happy with how its come along. Even with all the upgrades, its still only an $800 investment. 780m would have never happened without your help

JustinThyme
Level 13
Looks good, now how well does it perform?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Looks good, now how well does it perform?

Thank you!
Runs excellent and very cool even under load actually. Games run smooth. Diablo III and WOW run smooth on highest settings. Also PCSX2 (PS2 emulator) running Kingdom Hearts 2 is smooth as silk. Ive also ran Dolphin (WII/GC emulator) running Mario Kart is smooth as well. Ill post benchmarks after I get the 780M in it.

purekaoz777
Level 8
WHOA.... that actually looks pretty F**KING GOOD! Well done! If i had seen your modded G75VW 2 weeks ago I wouldn't have sold my G75VW and do that to mine as well. Just a question, where did you get the custom chrome stickers from? 🙂

purekaoz777 wrote:
WHOA.... that actually looks pretty F**KING GOOD! Well done! If i had seen your modded G75VW 2 weeks ago I wouldn't have sold my G75VW and do that to mine as well. Just a question, where did you get the custom chrome stickers from? 🙂

Thanks! Much appreciated!
I bought them from a few different sellers on Ebay. Links are Below.

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Requesting for the windows 10 start background.. This whole thing look real good!

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:
Requesting for the windows 10 start background.. This whole thing look real good!

+1. Background please or link! It looks awesome.

Here is how to change your windows 10 start background.
Warning: This is a 3rd party program that changes system files, Use at your own risk.

Recommended to create a restore point just cause ya never know.(shouldn't have any problems though)

1. Download Program here: (Win10BGGChanger1.2.1)
2. Unzip contents and Run the W10 Logon BG Changer.exe file.
3. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.
4. Click/tap on Yes for the EULA of the Windows 10 Login Background Changer tool.
5. once opened, Click/tap on the browse button in Edit Background.
6. Browse to and select the image you want for the sign-in screen background, and click/tap on Open.
7. Select the Image Scaling you want. Usually My Resolution works best, but use what looks best for you.
8. Click/tap on Apply Changes.
9. Click/tap on OK.
10. Click/tap on Lock Windows (Win+L) to view the sign-in screen to see if it looks how you like.

Your done! Now i reccomend putting the programe somewhere on your computer because i noticed if Win10 updates, it reverts background to stock.
Enjoy!