cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming Links

Nate152
Hello everyone

I was just wondering if any of you know how to rename links, I been trying to do it for a while and I just can't figure it out. I know it can't be that difficult and I'm not sure where I'm going wrong, if you could lend a helping hand I'd be grateful.

Thank you

Nate152
13 REPLIES 13

Ntwlf
Level 12
Hey Nate152,

I'm experimenting on this very reply to learn how myself and share with you. So bare with me as I try some things from a google search...

After a few tests / editing this reply, I found the solution... click below for it... 😄

here

Nate152
Hey Ntwlf to the rescue 🙂

Unfortunately your link says the page can't be displayed, I'm still working on it but still haven't figured it out yet. I was searching around myself for information on how to do it but I haven't found much that would help me here on the ROG forum.

Nate152
Hey you did it !

How the heck did you do it can you please tell me? 😉

I want to do that in my signature, I can put links in my signature I just have no idea how to rename them.

Ntwlf
Level 12
So here goes, the method I found to do what Nate152 has asked...

From this link here ,

look at "The following BBcode:", at third line below it "Linking to a named site".

The line of code just below that is what you edit.

Replace "http://www.bbcode.org/" with the web link you want.

Replace "This be bbcode.org!" with the name you chose, example "here".

note: do not use the " before or after your text entries. I used these to identify the text to change/edit to what you want.

Nate152
If you'd have a little time how would you like to do a remote access so I can see exactly how to do it ?

Ntwlf
Level 12
Here's an example:

I'm learning a bit about bbcode, below is the only way I've found thus far to show the code without it activating, but is difficult to read...

[HTML] give it a name here [/HTML]

Must keep the following in place... "brackets" (facing the correct way), url=, /url. Only change the explanation text.

Nate152
Sorry Ntwlf all I see is a thick white line. I've done a remote access with teamviewer before would you want to give it a try?