cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VIII Extreme Wireless and Ethernet Super Slow

BlackhatEspeed
Level 7
So, I recently upgraded from the Maximus Hero VIII to the Maximus VIII Extreme and the Wireless adapter on the motherboard is running really slow speeds.

I've also plugged in a CAT6 cable straight from the Ethernet port to my Netgear Gigabit Router and the computer in the other room on AC1200 is killing the speeds of this network card / wireless combo.

It's pretty sad actually how slow the wireless and the Ethernet is on my machine now that I have upgraded to the "extreme".

Maybe there is a driver conflict or something, but this is slow <30MBPS basically on speedtest, when the computer in the other room is getting 300 MBPS.

On Ethernet it should be able to match the speed as the wireless from the other room but it cant, it's just straight slow.

Stupid me, went into device manager and then removed and uninstalled the driver for the LAN and for the WIFI, to try and reinstall the drivers from the CD.

Now I cannot even get the WIFI adapter or the Intel LAN to even show up at all.

I'm going to have to format Windows 10 again now, and then I'm going to try and get the LAN drivers from intels website.
MB: ASUS Rampage VI Apex
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900X 10 Core OCed 4.5GHZ
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR4-3600
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 80+ TITANIUM, 1600W Power Supply
GFX: Zotac 1080 Ti 11GB Mini
VROC: 2 x Intel 7600Ps 512GB
PCH: 2 x Intel 7600Ps 512GB
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
MON: Acer Predator X34P 34" Curved Gaming Monitor 120HZ
CASE: Cooler Master Storm Trooper (Window)
LCS: Corsair H115I RGB Platinum 280MM
3 REPLIES 3

G75rog
Level 10
The network/wifi drivers are on the MB DVD. If that is a problem then by all means reload Win 10 if it's easier for you.
gb ethernet to my Netgear Gigabit Router works fine on my Max VIII.
I do not use wifi on ANY high performance system in this house. Except of course the xbox controller adapter for the Oculus Rift VR.

But, please, don't come to the forums blaming the motherboard for issues in your networking system.
I'm not not going to tell you how to set up your network as that is akin to herding cats.
Good luck

BlackhatEspeed
Level 7
Thanks for your information I figured that the disc would probably have the best applications for the devices on my system, silly me went to the actual ASUS website and tried to download the drivers for the motherboard after I upgraded the BIOS.

There's nothing wrong with the network system I've already ruled all the problems out it definitely has something to do with the network card and it might have something to do with the fact that I have uninstalled the Drivers from device manager. I'm going to go ahead and reinstall windows 10 pro and just try to use the drivers from the disc and see if that fixes the situation. As of right now none of the adapters for the system are even showing up even though they are showing up in device manager so I'm figuring there's some kind of driver conflict here.

I also plugged in a AC 1200 Netgear wireless card to the computer and it didn't even show up on the computer now and I know for sure that some of the old Maximus motherboards had problems just like this where there were software conflicts with the drivers or the third-party applications that Asus provides.

BlackhatEspeed
Level 7
After reinstalling Windows 10 Enterprise, and then running just the drivers off the disc, my internet speeds have returned to normal 350MBPS on my desktop.